Kelly Slater's Wave Pool partner / USC bribery buddy

thrillkicker

Nep status
Mar 16, 2009
Federal prosecutors have busted yet another parent in the nationwide college admissions scandal, officials announced Friday.

Tech executive Jeffrey Bizzack was nabbed for paying $250,000 to bribe his son’s way into the University of Southern California as a bogus volleyball recruit — and has agreed to plead guilty in the case, prosecutors said.

The Solona Beach dad, 59, paid the large bribe to scam mastermind Rick Stringer in the summer of 2017 and his son was formally accepted into the school in March 2018.

According to court documents, Bizzack originally paid Stringer to facilitate his son’s admission to USC as a fake water polo recruit, but Singer changed the profile to volleyball before forwarding the boy’s academic transcripts to the school’s athletic directors.

Bizzack will plead guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud as part of the plea deal — with feds recommending a nine-month prison sentence.

He is the 51st person charged in connection with the scandal, which has also ensnared actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin, who are accused of paying bribes to inflate their children’s academic and athletic abilities.

A former San Francisco tech executive once touted as “one of the most successful industry executives in HR outsourcing”, Bizzack in recent years worked as a partner in famed surfer Kelly Slater’s Wave Company, which builds artificial wave machines.

“It would probably embarrass him, but Jeff Bizzack (my business partner) is one of my heroes,” Slater said in a 2016 interview. “He has worked with me on a number of different businesses, and he is a great influence, personally and professionally.”

“He’s been my partner in everything I’ve done in the past few years,” Slater added at a 2017 event, surf magazine Tracks reported.

“I’ve been the face of it but Jeff is just the bones and structure of everything that we’ve done,” he said.
[

Yay Kelly!

:roflmao:

:shameonyou:

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
"Help give surfing a bad name, do your part". Says Tiny Tim's T-shirt in Rick Griffins "A Christmas Carol" cartoon. Surfer Mag late 1960's. Surfing made National news this AM, just like the Star of India Jewell theft did. At least some things stay the same.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
My sons went to school with the Bizzack kids. They couldn't believe this when I showed this to them as they say they are both real smart and the son probably could have gotten into USC on his own merit. The funny part is that they changed the kid from water polo to volleyball in the scam. Apparently this kid is pretty short and no way would pass for a volleyball player.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If you have money, you don't want to leave things to chance.

It's probably fun gaming the system with your money.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
found him (son) on facebook. looks like a pretty normal guy. nothing i can see to infer hes an uber douche. was relieved by no surfing pics.

so hes short? but dad has tons of $ for HGH....