Kelly’s Mexico quiver

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Props to Kelly still riding those tiny, low volume boards pushing 50. The twins look fun.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Props to Kelly still riding those tiny, low volume boards pushing 50. The twins look fun.
Is this really such an accomplishment?

I see enough guys in that age category riding them well around here.

None of them are fat or carrying extra pounds around. I would guess most of them stay away from alcohol as well.

I think adding volume is a short-term strategy that is going to make you catch more waves but decrease your surfing ability.

Then come the shoulder issues the bigger boards give.

A better long-term plan is to not be overweight, stay in decent shape, and ride lower volume stuff. And stay away from alcohol.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018

None of them are fat or carrying extra pounds around. I would guess most of them stay away from alcohol as well.

I think adding volume is a short-term strategy that is going to make you catch more waves but decrease your surfing ability.

A better long-term plan is to not be overweight, stay in decent shape, and ride lower volume stuff. And stay away from alcohol.
The trick is to stay on the alcohol and still be all those things :D

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
The epoxy FRK was glassed at Pureglass. Isn't FW in San Diego? The fin boxes on the Akila looked like something new, definitely indebted to FCS' Fusions/FCSII, but didn't look like either to me.

Reactions: ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
The epoxy FRK was glassed at Pureglass. Isn't FW in San Diego? The fin boxes on the Akila looked like something new, definitely indebted to FCS' Fusions/FCSII, but didn't look like either to me.
Looks like stock FCS2 plugs that are all white.

I like how Kelly said he's working on a fin! I wonder if it will be released through Firewire or NVS or FCS?? It looks like the Twins were 2 tab.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia

Care to elaborate on the, "shoulder issues the bigger boards give"?

Reactions: flyinraptr

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
So bigger as in "width" rather than length/volume/weight which is what I assumed riding a bigger board would have been more likely as the factors at fault. Interesting.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Jeez, how wide are we talking here. We're certainly not talking difference between 19 - 21 inches are we?