Keel fins for Christenson Fish

Oct 8, 2019
Hey guys, I just ordered a christenson fish, and I have been searching for a set of keel fins for it.
I'm looking for down the line speed but also some maneuverability. I'm debating on true ames hobie keel and need essentials keel. I have a few sets of fins from true ames, and the quality are great. I never got anything from needessentails, but the hand foiled fins looks nice plus they look good under Torren Martyn's feet.
Any thought on these sets of fins? I'm open for other suggestions. Thanks!

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Anyone ever tried these?

Reactions: Aruka
Sep 27, 2009
I had the K2s on my christenson fish, lost one and then got K1s. The K1s felt faster and therefore I liked them better, and still plenty maneuverable

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Anyone ever tried these?

Yuuup. Love 'em. I ride them in my long Album twins. Feels like something between a keel and an upright twin. Have not tried them in my fish's yet. Hard to get off full keels in those shorter boards for me. Surf Squared Keels are my fav. Futures AMK's feel great too but limited experience so far.

Have not tried the CC Keel Especial but that seems like the obvious starting place for the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: trifish and ANIMA

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
The Christenson twin keels are very solid. Can't go wrong there.

If you ordered the board a bit bigger or want more of a traditional feel go with the hobies or something more like wooden keels.

I find the Christenson's to be pretty high performance but if you want something even more snappy the CI twins would probably do the trick. The lovelaces look interesting too.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I’m on my 3rd CC fish. I went glass ons this time and it’s been best by far-though a lot of that is design tweaks. On the last 2, I settles on the CC keels from captain fin. Solid. For what your describing, you want more traditional keel than upright variations.