Kandui

hgsouth

OTF status
Apr 15, 2006
Anyone been to the resort? What was your experience like?

It's been a dream trip of mine for a while. Looking to go for fun sized surf... so around March? Or late, October?

Don't need giant DOH barrels by any means, but might like to challenge myself at some point.

Mar 6, 2005
Aloha HG,

Been to Kandui and it was the trip of a lifetime. Ray and crew are very good at what they do and know how to get you in the waves that you desire...4-bobs is right in front of the resort and is never death-defying. Funnest wave ever. Plenty of waves around to push the limits. If you can afford it..that is the resort to go to.

Pro's-
Staff-friendly and knowledgeable
Surf-something for all levels
cultural experience
FOOD-So good every meal was great..nothing to over the top, but great comfort food and variety. Lost 20 lbs on that trip surfing sooo much. (the kandui diet)

Cons:
Crowds- they are not the only game in town. Boats and resorts everywhere. If you get waves at your local you will get plenty of waves. 4-Bobs was only our group for most of the time.
Price- you pay for the ments experience
Waves- You never know when a swell will arive we scored, but the group before us got skunked. I went Right for the whole trip due to winds and swell direction. I am a goofy and really wanted to go frontside, but it wasn't meant to be.
Travel- Takes alot to get there and I enjoyed the experience, but it is exhausting and expensive.

Word of advise..If you see Ray getting in a boat..you make sure you are on that boat..Waves will be good. He knows his shat!

Many good turns to ya!

hgsouth

OTF status
Apr 15, 2006
Thanks for the response!!

Was anyone there traveling solo? I am not sure I can get anyone else to come with me, and I don't want to let that stop me from going when I have the opportunity. So I might go on my own.

How long did you stay? I was thinking of doing back to back weeks for 21 days.