Justin Quintal wins WSL Longboard World Title!

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
jaxbeachgallery.blogspot.com
I don’t need to name anyone. I said go to any fucken beach anywhere and you will see teenagers logging better than Justin quintal. Fuk the wsl. Fuk the duct tape invitational.
Dude are you slow or something? I live at a beach, I'm at the beach everyday. There's is nobody on the entire east coast I've seen better or the west coast for that matter EXCEPT of course all the 14-19 only you seem to know but won't name.

Do us a favor, Make a real argument other than Fuk this and Fuk that....
or just Go the Fuk away.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If you come into a congrats thread and make a fat joke, you might be a hater. The alternative is to just say nothing.
Like I said, He would most likely surf circles around 90% of this erBB on any kind of board.
and the funny thing is he's not even big....I bet he's only 175.
not what I would call out of shape in the least.

the erBB cracks me up!
Are you new here?

Reactions: Quittedsurfer

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
No I'm aware I'm surrounded by idiots.... just like being in the water most days.
Is not a person who willingly hangs around idiots not an idiot too?

JEsus lays this all out in his book, Bible. "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or set foot on the path of sinners, or sit in the seat of mockers."

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was just posting about a friend winning a world title....My bad.
Thanks for the fortune cookie advise btw.
Fortune cookie?

N-word please! That's Jesus talking from the Great Beyond.

Fortune cookie says, a man should be able to take a little razzing good naturedly.

That is what this place is good for.

wills120

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 2, 2003
Carlsbad, CA
I'm a fletcher grad too!! Class of 86'
Fletcher Class of 90' here, UNF 95,' lived in JB/NB since 1976.....family goes back to the 1950s and some still there. Finally got the fuck out of Duval when it went to complete and utter sh!t and the Beaches lost it's community/soul and got taken over by the Panhandlers, Westsiders, and Golf douches. Sorry, not sorry - F the place now.

JQ is a class act and kills it on all boards not to mention is a really nice guy. Surfing the Poles with him (when the Poles wasn't completely overrun with barns) and he was just super nice and friendly. Sad to see some of the comments here - I get it that some Californians are pissed to have another Floridian win but he's just a great all-around surfer and cool guy.

Congrats Justin!

Reactions: jbd

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
Fletcher Class of 90' here, UNF 95,' lived in JB/NB since 1976.....family goes back to the 1950s and some still there. Finally got the fook out of Duval when it went to complete and utter sh!t and the Beaches lost it's community/soul and got taken over by the Panhandlers, Westsiders, and Golf douches. Sorry, not sorry - F the place now.

JQ is a class act and kills it on all boards not to mention is a really nice guy. Surfing the Poles with him (when the Poles wasn't completely overrun with barns) and he was just super nice and friendly. Sad to see some of the comments here - I get it that some Californians are pissed to have another Floridian win but he's just a great all-around surfer and cool guy.

Congrats Justin!
I hear ya on the beaches area, guess it happens everywhere sooner or later. Also a longtime Jax beacher, worked at the old hixons surf shop back in the early 80s. If you've been around that long we probably know each other or know the same people.
If I surf the poles now, I surf campground area or Dolphin Plaza, crowds are just stupid there on the poles now and half of them can't even surf. I surf South Jax behind my parents house most days...less crowd. Everyone knows everyone.....no hassles.

Most of the negative comments are probably from guys that don't even surf and just looking to stir the pot on the erBB. Some guys just like to talk smack and troll....is what it is.

Reactions: wills120

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You guys are spot on about Mayport. When I moved here, it was basically low tide-only, and if it was a weekday, and not a named hurricane swell, there were waves unridden right out the front.

I'd go there at high tide and regularly be completely alone, like, nobody. The first few winters I was here, there'd be clean little thigh-waist slight+ lefts coming in right off the Poles at high tide, with nobody. I remember the first time there were 3-5 people trying to goon each other for that little runlet, and I went down to *gasp* the next little peaklet where there'd be rights back towards that left, and lefts off that. Now there's 8-10 people on the Poles and like 20-25 on the second one at high tide.

Weekdays in Jax Beach were the same. If you weren't right at the Pier, and you saw someone else, like one other person spread out over a half mile of beach, that was of note. Last winter, a February weekday had a cold cleanup. The air was in the 40s, the water in the low 50s, and the largest crowd gap between the Pier and Neptune was maybe 50 yards. For like a 5pm to 6:15pm low tide, post work little cleanup with thigh-waist inconsistent stomach+.

Like you both said, the turbodonkey factor at the best spots is beyond belief. There used to be a below average surfer or three, but they below-averaged their own waves. Like below average top turn, but clearly suitable navigation/conduct. Maybe they were 55-60, but knew all the rules and intricacies, were effusively apologetic the 1x per year they misjudged someone and burned them, you could see the shame when they were in the way paddling back out.
Now there's like at least 15 straight up beginners who make a racket and obviously flail about.

I remember the first time, kind of hyped winter day, not big at all, like chest, but clean, walking back to the boardwalk, and seeing snowball after snowball after snowball of sections paddled down, like, the best anyone could hope for was a quick doggy door shampoo because every time they tried to tuck something, set a line, and maybe make the section and get an ender, someone else had already paddled the section down on them.

I remember when people used to be in position in case you didn't make it. I still see it sometimes at the Poles. But it's dwarfed by people who are in position to make sure you don't make it, or have to completely abort whatever you were doing, and frantically race/pump around the section they paddled down on you, on the off chance they might be able to get the wave.

People used to post up so if you flailed, they could just barely get into it, and would probably have to force some immediate pumps from the flat or something on account of not fouling the line. Now, they basically full speed try to close the door. You used to have to f--k up completely. Now, you have to race the poachers off if they could possibly be in position to burn.

Reactions: wills120

jbd

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2002
JAX BCH FLA.
You guys are spot on about Mayport. When I moved here, it was basically low tide-only, and if it was a weekday, and not a named hurricane swell, there were waves unridden right out the front.

I'd go there at high tide and regularly be completely alone, like, nobody. The first few winters I was here, there'd be clean little thigh-waist slight+ lefts coming in right off the Poles at high tide, with nobody. I remember the first time there were 3-5 people trying to goon each other for that little runlet, and I went down to *gasp* the next little peaklet where there'd be rights back towards that left, and lefts off that. Now there's 8-10 people on the Poles and like 20-25 on the second one at high tide.

Weekdays in Jax Beach were the same. If you weren't right at the Pier, and you saw someone else, like one other person spread out over a half mile of beach, that was of note. Last winter, a February weekday had a cold cleanup. The air was in the 40s, the water in the low 50s, and the largest crowd gap between the Pier and Neptune was maybe 50 yards. For like a 5pm to 6:15pm low tide, post work little cleanup with thigh-waist inconsistent stomach+.

Like you both said, the turbodonkey factor at the best spots is beyond belief. There used to be a below average surfer or three, but they below-averaged their own waves. Like below average top turn, but clearly suitable navigation/conduct. Maybe they were 55-60, but knew all the rules and intricacies, were effusively apologetic the 1x per year they misjudged someone and burned them, you could see the shame when they were in the way paddling back out.
Now there's like at least 15 straight up beginners who make a racket and obviously flail about.

I remember the first time, kind of hyped winter day, not big at all, like chest, but clean, walking back to the boardwalk, and seeing snowball after snowball after snowball of sections paddled down, like, the best anyone could hope for was a quick doggy door shampoo because every time they tried to tuck something, set a line, and maybe make the section and get an ender, someone else had already paddled the section down on them.

I remember when people used to be in position in case you didn't make it. I still see it sometimes at the Poles. But it's dwarfed by people who are in position to make sure you don't make it, or have to completely abort whatever you were doing, and frantically race/pump around the section they paddled down on you, on the off chance they might be able to get the wave.

People used to post up so if you flailed, they could just barely get into it, and would probably have to force some immediate pumps from the flat or something on account of not fouling the line. Now, they basically full speed try to close the door. You used to have to f--k up completely. Now, you have to race the poachers off if they could possibly be in position to burn.
Spot on Sharky!
I hate to say it I have to blame much of that stuff on the flood of photographers (and cams) posting all the picts daily on the reports. And most of those guys are my friends, not hating but that is a fact. A lot of the kids want so badly to get on the surf report that they will surf the pier and right on the poles even when they aren't really skilled enough to compete with the type of guys that surf those spots. Creates a lot issues when beginners are surfing among those guys.
Had to send one of those Photogs a private message the other day when he named a spot south of jax and posted good photos. It's not a secret spot by any means but you don't need to draw a map for the beginners either.....just not using common sense.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit