Jury duty

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
ifallalot said:
noone said:
What the hell is wrong with you people? Just do your duty and get it over with! You expect so much from the system, then you don't spend a day or possibly more, doing something to help someone else? WTF! You all sound like a bunch of spoiled children.
I expect nothing from the "system"

The system is a burden on my life
Ahahahahha! Yah, right. Like you don't use the system everyday!

dl4060

OTF status
Jun 4, 2009
noone said:
ifallalot said:
noone said:
What the hell is wrong with you people? Just do your duty and get it over with! You expect so much from the system, then you don't spend a day or possibly more, doing something to help someone else? WTF! You all sound like a bunch of spoiled children.

So you would be fine with serving on a trial that took six months?

If I could be guaranteed that the trial would take no longer than a week I would probably be fine with it.

I have been called a few times. A couple of times I never had to go to a court room. When I did have to go in I ws dismissed by the prosecutor on a couple of occasions. The first time I was wearing jeans and a t shirt with a picture of Tony Montana doing a pile of blow. They asked what I did and I told them I was in grad school studying statistics. The prosecutor asked me if I could judge only guilt or innocence, not what the punishment would be. I told her that if someone was going to go to jail for 100 years for stealing a candy bar I would be morally obligated to make sure that did not happen. I was the next person dismissed. The trial was about some guy who allegedly got caught wanking it in front of a beauty parlor in Santa Ana. I almost burst out laughing when I heard that.

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
dl4060 said:
noone said:
ifallalot said:
noone said:

So you would be fine with serving on a trial that took six months?

If I could be guaranteed that the trial would take no longer than a week I would probably be fine with it.

I have been called a few times. A couple of times I never had to go to a court room. When I did have to go in I ws dismissed by the prosecutor on a couple of occasions. The first time I was wearing jeans and a t shirt with a picture of Tony Montana doing a pile of blow. They asked what I did and I told them I was in grad school studying statistics. The prosecutor asked me if I could judge only guilt or innocence, not what the punishment would be. I told her that if someone was going to go to jail for 100 years for stealing a candy bar I would be morally obligated to make sure that did not happen. I was the next person dismissed. The trial was about some guy who allegedly got caught wanking it in front of a beauty parlor in Santa Ana. I almost burst out laughing when I heard that.
I wouldn't be "fine" doing 6 months, but I'd do it. Afterall, what if it was your trial I was sitting on?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
First day don’t have to report.

Trying to strategize - mustache or no mustache? People say I look like a cop with one

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If they paid me what I'd make working plus a little something extra for my trouble I'd have no problem with it but that's not how it works. If I don't work I don't make money so I'm not going to sit on a jury and not make a living. I simply write on the notice that I am the provider for a family of five and can't afford to miss work and mail it back to them.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
everysurfr said:
20 posts a day on a surfing forum isn't really work. Why don't you show them your post history here? That would get you excused for life.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
i always go. Federal and State. i am never placed on the jury. i am an attorney and the last thing any attorney wants is another attorney on the jury. attorneys want sheep on the jury.