JS warehouse Oceanside retaliation

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Heard a rumor once that cut and uncut blanks imported to Australia so finished could be called Made In Australia. New trade deals in that part of world makes this CoO much easier to do if that is true. Similar done in US with some blanks from across border, I do believe.

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Thailand, not China. You guys are assholes!
Since you brought it up what's the differences between the two countries?

RCEP includes China, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and the 10 members of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN): Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines

Last edited:

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
There was talk about polyester resin being outlawed - restricted about 15 years ago
only Epoxy allowed
That was a rumour started on swaylocks well over 10 years ago and happily pushed by a former east coast surfing champion and purveyor of fine surfboard grade epoxy resin.

California must be full of hot rod shops airbrushing flames on to fenders and chopper petrol tanks. Outlawing VOCs doesn't seem likely. Instead limits are placed on air concentration. Despite having a good idea of how surfboards are made I can't make head or tail from the OSHA regulations on limits for air contamination 1910.1000 TABLE Z-1 - TABLE Z-1 Limits for Air Contaminants. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration (osha.gov) and 1910.1000 - Air contaminants. | Occupational Safety and Health Administration (osha.gov) - no practical advice on how to conform.

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
I need to make a correction and it wasn't TP. My brain was in reverse :foreheadslap:
I wouldn't worry about it, this is the thread for writing enjoyable nonsense. At least we are adding some real content to the Beachgrit article.

I just had a look at the website of a San Clemente manufacturer whose initials are coincidentally the same. The custom Italo Ferreira model pu/pe starts at $635. That's a great price. The suggestion that OSHA regulations are making it unviable for CA builders is not adding up. Even when competing with companies leveraging off low Australian rent and slack environmental standards (if you believe Ulusurfer) and developing country Australian wages (if you believe me). JS or DHD custom AU$900

Reactions: SlicedFeet and grg

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I wouldn't worry about it, this is the thread for writing enjoyable nonsense. At least we are adding some real content to the Beachgrit article.

I just had a look at the website of a San Clemente manufacturer whose initials are coincidentally the same. The custom Italo Ferreira model pu/pe starts at $635. That's a great price. The suggestion that OSHA regulations are making it unviable for CA builders is not adding up. Even when competing with companies leveraging off low Australian rent and slack environmental standards (if you believe Ulusurfer) and developing country Australian wages (if you believe me). JS or DHD custom AU$900
True and thanks amigo. Just wanted to make it right :)

Reactions: Mr J