JRE #1671

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
It's about belonging, about being part of a group. About solidarity. I've never met an anti-covid vaxxer who reconsidered the evidence and got vaccinated. (Though I'm sure some have). I think that they appreciate being part of a group and don't want to lose that group identity.
I’m not an anti-covid vaxxer. I’m vaxxed myself and so is my wife.

I’m pro-choice on the matter. You do you.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Clinical trials are ongoing.

I have always said that I don’t know whether or not ivermectin works. I’m just not of the mind to immediately declare it bad, dangerous, horse paste.

Again, clinical trials are ongoing (including one being done by the NIH).

This is from the NIH (last august)…

This one published a month earlier couldn’t make any conclusions that it was effective.

and currently Japan does not prescribe it in their national protocol, which I referenced at the time

Approved antiviral agents in Japan
Remdesivir, which has been granted special approval in Japan, is the only antiviral agent for treating COVID-19 (as of November 2020). It is indicated for patients requiring supplemental oxygen, and patients should be carefully monitored after administration of remdesivir because acute kidney or liver damage may occur. The administrative procedure (completing a web-based survey) specified by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (18) must be followed to obtain remdesivir.

Other antiviral agents and agents that have not yet been approved in Japan
Although their use for the treatment of COVID-19 has not yet been approved, favipiravir, tocilizumab, ciclesonide, nafamostat, sarilumab, nelfinavir, ivermectin, and convalescent plasma are sometimes considered for off-label use or for use based on the findings of investigator-initiated or industry-sponsored clinical studies.

even if you set all that aside, if studies are still pending, then studies are pending....why do you think it should be employed now?

why hang your hat on this ONE study when plenty of others have concluded that ivermectin is not an effective treatment?

the reality is that there have been enough prior studies that the vast majority of the world have ceased the use of ivermectin

why you are latched so tightly to this particular topic is beyond comprehension

(edit: expanded and added links)

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't get the ivermectin love.

If you love Ivermective you should want to suck covid vaccine's dick while you cup its balls.

*Gay metaphor for duffy to understnad.

The cool thing about covid is all the medical innovation that has taken place.

Way to go to humanity!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I don't get the ivermectin love.

If you love Ivermective you should want to suck covid vaccine's dick while you cup its balls.

*Gay metaphor for duffy to understnad.

The cool thing about covid is all the medical innovation that has taken place.

Way to go to humanity!
did you watch Don't Look Up on Netflix?

Reactions: plasticbertrand

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
and currently Japan does not prescribe it in their national protocol, which I referenced at the time

Approved antiviral agents in Japan
Remdesivir, which has been granted special approval in Japan, is the only antiviral agent for treating COVID-19 (as of November 2020). It is indicated for patients requiring supplemental oxygen, and patients should be carefully monitored after administration of remdesivir because acute kidney or liver damage may occur. The administrative procedure (completing a web-based survey) specified by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (18) must be followed to obtain remdesivir.

Other antiviral agents and agents that have not yet been approved in Japan
Although their use for the treatment of COVID-19 has not yet been approved, favipiravir, tocilizumab, ciclesonide, nafamostat, sarilumab, nelfinavir, ivermectin, and convalescent plasma are sometimes considered for off-label use or for use based on the findings of investigator-initiated or industry-sponsored clinical studies.

even if you set all that aside, if studies are still pending, then studies are pending....why do you think it should be employed now?

why hang your hat on this ONE study when plenty of others have concluded that ivermectin is not an effective treatment?

the reality is that there have been enough prior studies that the vast majority of the world have ceased the use of ivermectin

why you are latched so tightly to this particular topic is beyond comprehension

(edit: expanded and added links)

please never fkn say ivermectin again

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I mostly love how the “it’s just the sniffles” crowd were clamoring for alternative treatments and eager to throw the kitchen sink at it like Supreme Leader Rohan did. When I had it I just rode out the storm with nothing more than mucinex and Tylenol.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I mostly love how the “it’s just the sniffles” crowd were clamoring for alternative treatments and eager to throw the kitchen sink at it like Supreme Leader Rohan did. When I had it I just rode out the storm with nothing more than mucinex and Tylenol.

they need horse paste to fight the sniffle hoax.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
That's the problem with Joe doing these types of interviews. He has no expertise in the field so he really can't ask in-depth questions, other than what he may have prepared for. He can't call the guy making the claim out. He doesn't even put on an expert who has a different opinion to counter the main guest.
He offers a soapbox to sell.

He is just trying to save face after exposing himself as a Moran

Reactions: hal9000