Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
for sure. its a necasary evil for me, but the option to have it be there only when i want it to be is nice.
Life was just easier and simpler before cell phones.

Call while I'm at home, cool you caught me. Out and about, maybe you'll run into me. Absolute emergency - gas station pay phone.

Even regular calls/texts coming in can get exhausting just by the interruption of life flow and that even if you postpone responding, it's still hanging over your head like a dark cloud of one more additional thing that needs to get done.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Life was just easier and simpler before cell phones.

Call while I'm at home, cool you caught me. Out and about, maybe you'll run into me. Absolute emergency - gas station pay phone.

Even regular calls/texts coming in can get exhausting just by the interruption of life flow and that even if you postpone responding, it's still hanging over your head like a dark cloud of one more additional thing that needs to get done.
I haven't had one in 6 years.

What if my wife wants me to get milk?

Well. you know that answer to that one.

Maybe that is why I'm divorced?:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof and Kento

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
turning off all your notifications is easy, and life changing. my phone/ipad/computers dont chirp whatsoever.
This.

My phone is always on silent.

Like Kento's computer, I look at it only when I want to.

And just like Instaface, you can use it for good or evil.

I couldn't do my job or travel without one.

Reactions: Random Guy

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah I need a smartphone to deal with Multi-Factor Authentication.

Pretty soon it'll save the Fortune 500 to just send freighters of shitty cigarettes and paint thinner to Romania. Probably a more cost-effective tactic vs ransomware than the status quo.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
This.

My phone is always on silent.

Like Kento's computer, I look at it only when I want to.

And just like Instaface, you can use it for good or evil.

I couldn't do my job or travel without one.
i personally just like having a sick camera and computer in pocket. insta is what you make of it, and i only look maybe twice a day. once in the a.m. while i eat bfast and once at night unless theres something i want to post which is maybe a couple times a week max.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah I need a smartphone to deal with Multi-Factor Authentication.

Pretty soon it'll save the Fortune 500 to just send freighters of shitty cigarettes and paint thinner to Romania. Probably a more cost-effective tactic vs ransomware than the status quo.
A friend of mine was a hardcore flip phone user and swore off smartphones forever.

He recently bought expensive tickets for a live sporting event and they only have digital tickets with a bar code. He now has a smartphone. lolo

I got tired of having the give him my phone everytime we had lunch, so he can read restaurant menus.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
A friend of mine was a hardcore flip phone user and swore off smartphones forever.

He recently bought expensive tickets for a live sporting event and they only have digital tickets with a bar code. He now has a smartphone. lolo

I got tired of having the give him my phone everytime we had lunch, so he can read restaurant menus.
Real talk I fkn hated that smartphone ticket sh!t. 90k people all trying to hit the network at the same time = snafu.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Real talk I fkn hated that smartphone ticket sh!t. 90k people all trying to hit the network at the same time = snafu.
My problem is in the age of covid I’ve been buying concert tickets sometimes 6 months out and I can’t find them when I need them.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
You don't need the network, just a screen grab with the bar code. Or a smart pass.
I dunno I saw some super fancy app with a scanner thing flying back and forth, and there was a pile of drunk and seriously pissed off Florida/Alabama fans with screenshots the e-reader wasn't happy with, and a surprisingly thinly-populated stadium at kickoff. Only done it once.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Insidious.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
you understand the difference between this and "I heard it on a dumb guy's podcast", right?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Has any nation approved ivermectin yet for Covid yet?

If I read this study correctly, it may work as a prophylactic better than nothing, but not as well as the vaccine. In addition, it requires regular (daily) treatment and the benefits would stop when you stop taking it.

is it your suggestion that its better to take Ivermectin daily for the foreseeable future for results not as good as vaccines? How would pharmacies handle this?