JRE #1671

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
More Americans have been killed by the new coronavirus than the influenza pandemic of 1918, despite a century of intervening medical advancement. The U.S. was ranked first among nations in pandemic preparedness but has among the highest death rates in the industrialized world. It invests more in medical care than any comparable country, but its hospitals have been overwhelmed. It helped develop COVID-19 vaccines at near-miraculous and record-breaking speed, but its vaccination rates plateaued so quickly that it is now 38th in the world. COVID-19 revealed that the U.S., despite many superficial strengths, is alarmingly vulnerable to new diseases—and such diseases are inevitable

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
More Americans have been killed by the new coronavirus than the influenza pandemic of 1918, despite a century of intervening medical advancement. The U.S. was ranked first among nations in pandemic preparedness but has among the highest death rates in the industrialized world. It invests more in medical care than any comparable country, but its hospitals have been overwhelmed. It helped develop COVID-19 vaccines at near-miraculous and record-breaking speed, but its vaccination rates plateaued so quickly that it is now 38th in the world. COVID-19 revealed that the U.S., despite many superficial strengths, is alarmingly vulnerable to new diseases—and such diseases are inevitable
Like I’ve said previously…..American exceptionalism……done.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There's no spending time on podcasts for me. It's in the background while I do other stuff that I have to do.
I avoid Twitter, probably no greater black hole than that :drowning:
I think there are many that are very concentrated on the clap-back and shade-thrown tabulation.

I mean, really, if one pundit talking sh!t about another pundit is even capturing your attention, man, you need some additional hobbies. And to toss a bomb, if you are in the desert with nothing to do but drive places and watch Marvel movies so you can have A/C, yeah, I can see how Twitter feuds are a necessary diversion. :beer:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I think there are many that are very concentrated on the clap-back and shade-thrown tabulation.

I mean, really, if one pundit talking sh!t about another pundit is even capturing your attention, man, you need some additional hobbies. And to toss a bomb, if you are in the desert with nothing to do but drive places and watch Marvel movies so you can have A/C, yeah, I can see how Twitter feuds are a necessary diversion. :beer:
Nothing to do lmao

And Marvel movies? For real? Never even seen one

The attack on Twitter/Podcasts rather than the content contained within is very telling...

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Nothing to do lmao

And Marvel movies? For real? Never even seen one

The attack on Twitter/Podcasts rather than the content contained within is very telling...
Telling in the fact that I don't participate in either?

Separate yourself from the virtual world. IT. IS. NOT. REAL. YOU. ARE. BEING. FED. VAPID. BULLSHIT. INCINERATE. YOUR. SMARTPHONE. :socrazy: :socrazy: :socrazy: :socrazy:

Reactions: manbearpig

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Separate yourself from the virtual world. IT. IS. NOT. REAL. YOU. ARE. BEING. FED. VAPID. BULLSHIT. INCINERATE. YOUR. SMARTPHONE. :socrazy: :socrazy: :socrazy: :socrazy:
Posted by someone using a smartphone?

This is a new version of “it doesn’t happen in Cambria”

The internet drives the real world now, sadly. And it’s only going to get worse as there’s more and more digitally native people becoming adults

You have to know your enemy, and be familiar with the battlefield if you want to stop it

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

Like all tools, you can use them for good or evil.

Choose wisely.

It's not up to anybody else, especially not up to the phone.

Reactions: afoaf

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Posted by someone using a smartphone?

This is a new version of “it doesn’t happen in Cambria”

The internet drives the real world now, sadly. And it’s only going to get worse as there’s more and more digitally native people becoming adults

You have to know your enemy, and be familiar with the battlefield if you want to stop it
Failed gotcha - no smartphone. No notifications. No chirps. No Siri. Freedom.

Before the internet, there were party lines. Fretting over what one tweeter tweets to another really isn't much different than the obsession of who shot JR or any other soap opera... holy fuck I just hit on what venerating the housewife is all about: BECOMING one.

Imagine if Orson Welles had Twitter. People are even more gullible today than back then.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Failed gotcha - no smartphone. No notifications. No chirps. No Siri. Freedom.

Before the internet, there were party lines. Fretting over what one tweeter tweets to another really isn't much different than the obsession of who shot JR or any other soap opera... holy fook I just hit on what venerating the housewife is all about: BECOMING one.

Imagine if Orson Welles had Twitter. People are even more gullible today than back then.
Tell me what the difference is between using a computer and a smartphone now

ps Cenk Ungar isn't a "tweeter." He's a pundit with a huge audience across many forms of multimedia. Peers of his would be people like Joe Rogan, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson. 3 men who routinely cause fretting and consternation among many

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

ps Cenk Ungar isn't a "tweeter." He's a pundit with a huge audience across many forms of multimedia. Peers of his would be people like Joe Rogan, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson. 3 men who routinely cause fretting and consternation among many
You're making this too easy. A computer you use at your own discretion and it doesn't bother you when not in use. A smartphone will use you at its own discretion and bother you constantly - one could call it a modern form of slavery but the chitlins ain't free, especially via DoorDash.

Wouldn't have heard of him if you hadn't posted him. I get the entertainment value but there seems to be a teenage girl-level (future housewives?) obsession over what really just boils down to catty gossip.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Conditioned

Be honest being a leading Rogan fangirl did you send nasty messages to Cenk? Tor the record they both suck.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Before the vaccines were available Covid 19 was spreading in our community, and one of our household visitors came down with it soon after staying with us. Our family doctor, who is well respected and associated with an eminent network, recommended a prophylactic ivermectin regime. I researched ivermectin as thoroughly as possible with only internet resources. My conclusion was that it is probably beneficial re covid, and is safe in the proper dosage. My wife and I took our prescribed weekly doses of "human" ivermectin calibrated to our respective weights. We did not get covid. When we became eligible for the vaccine we both got our two shots, and discontinued the ivermectin. We will get the third "booster" shot when we are eligible. However, if and when we get a "breakthrough" covid infection we will initiate an ivermectin regime, assuming our doctor continues to recommend it. Ivermectin is apparently used in those parts of the world which do not have access to adequate vaccine supplies, and the local health organizations appear to consider it useful and safe. The NYT does a disservice by continuing to criticize ivermectin as a "horse pill".

Reply10 Recommend
Flag
1 REPLY
Tonk commented 12 minutes ago
T
Tonk
Johnson12m ago
@Jim I have had tacos each Tuesday for the past year and I also haven't gotten COVID. My wife calibrates the taco dose to our respective weights. These tacos are apparently used in other areas of the world which do not have access to the vaccine. If I get a breakthrough infection, re-initiate my taco regimen. These tacos were recommended by a trusted family doctor, who is well connected to an elite network of respected medical professionals. The NYT does a disservice by continuing to criticize tacos as "food".
Reply1 Recommend

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
You're making this too easy. A computer you use at your own discretion and it doesn't bother you when not in use. A smartphone will use you at its own discretion and bother you constantly - one could call it a modern form of slavery but the chitlins ain't free, especially via DoorDash.

Wouldn't have heard of him if you hadn't posted him. I get the entertainment value but there seems to be a teenage girl-level (future housewives?) obsession over what really just boils down to catty gossip.
turning off all your notifications is easy, and life changing. my phone/ipad/computers dont chirp whatsoever.

Reactions: plasticbertrand