JRE 1518 David Choe

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
He reminded me of a good looking girl who thinks everything she says was interesting because horny dudes hang on her words, but really she is vapid.

But maybe that is the money and success?
Thanks, this is what I was trying to explain earlier. He wasn't like this before the Facebook IPO. He had some notoriety back then, but it was based on his talent. Now it's based on his money and extravagance.

Reactions: afoaf

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Maybe $200 million dollars changes a "traumatized artist" (I don't know how real a thing that is, but he characterizes himself as such).
I dig the crazy stories. The stuff about his feelings...he seems lost.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I do like that he exists. An outlier, minority, comic book nerd artist that has fuck you money and does whatever he wants.

Wonder if Zuckerberg regrets making that deal with him?
Yeah Zuck went Billionaire, but he didn't need to pay Choe so much stock.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
you really need to see him in Ugly Delicious...

the second season episode on steak, which is good in itself, Choe takes
Chang for a schvitz and a steak at some crazy russian joint

he's a trippy dude...I didn't know he was monied up...I thought he was just
a tripped out artist.
This is where I have seen him as well. He does bring some laughs to the show, like when he went to Outback steakhouse and brought his own huge knife just so he could quote Croc Dundee.

In my experiences, money is like an amplifier and an enabler. It just makes you more of what you really are.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Just listened to the Choe episode. Not my fav but was entertaining. Didint know much this guy before besides the FB payday but was much better than the post malone episode which i thought was 4 hours of complete nonsense.

Nine Club is def the best podcast on the platform IMO. Can listen to those talk about whatever for hours.

Also starting to become a fan of the Beachgrit ones too. Especially the new one with Derek Reilly. Could do with less David Scales though.

Reactions: Beerbelly

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Just listened to the Choe episode. Not my fav but was entertaining. Didint know much this guy before besides the FB payday but was much better than the post malone episode which i thought was 4 hours of complete nonsense.

Nine Club is def the best podcast on the platform IMO. Can listen to those talk about whatever for hours.

Also starting to become a fan of the Beachgrit ones too. Especially the new one with Derek Reilly. Could do with less David Scales though.
I love listening to stories that I was a part of. Grosso’s and Andy Roy’s especially.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
I love listening to stories that I was a part of. Grosso’s and Andy Roy’s especially.
[/QUOTE
Andy hated me cause I looked preppy. Little did he know I went straight to Buena after golf practice. And yes the h street , Houston Astros hat was my idea prompted by Ray Allen.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
yeah talk about absolute sh!t sh!t timing. Stevie pulled some shady moves to win but thats why you dont clown an OG!!

Weck can skate and hes funny but this was like a NSA never was talking sh!t to a WCT champ. hahaha