Joel Tudor still a turd

Fritzo

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 4, 2010
Consistency is a good thing :)

1,000's of interesting stories I have that I won't name persons involved .

After a mass work place shooting a top shaper was fired for threatning to bring a gun to work , 1 year later they were swooning him for the glassing work on his 700 board japan order .

Would you feel good about naming these persons 15 years later ?
If nobody asks you about a scandal you don't have to bring it up.

But that would harm your consistency.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
I too have known the Tudors for about 3 decades. While Joel was ‘destined’ to longboard his older brother Josh was the family short boarder. Josh‘s talent on the short board rivaled any pro short boarder at the time. Josh simply was not interested in professional surfing.
Everyone mellows as they age.
I can proudly claim Joel as a frenemy.
John, your son surfs a lot better than Josh. Both of whom I routinely share sets with.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
one of my 2 fondest memories of joel
is him telling his son to burn people and

the watching the self proclaimed king of blacks walk up the hill as i drove by hahahh

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Everyone mellows as they age.
I can proudly claim Joel as a frenemy.
John, your son surfs a lot better than Josh. Both of whom I routinely share sets with.
During El Niño when the wave‘s sprays were hitting the top of the Chart House and trowing rocks over Coast Highway, there were only two who managed to paddle to the outside. Son Oly and Josh. I wasn’t there but Tom English took some video’s of them from up the hill. As a father, I had this sick feeling in my gut looking at the conditions and wave size. Then the (ex) surfer in me made it all seem right. These two were stoked beyond explanation. Both Josh and Oly have families now and have slowed Down a bit but they still get it on and share the stoke! Wish I could still join him but... Thanks for the kudos for my son, Josh was a good influence and someone Oly truly respected and enjoyed trips to Mexico with!

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
You could talk about when Lance beat up his Dad at the Bu
Actually Lance and Joel’s dad Joe were pals and had an altercation at Malibu with a local bodyboarder who wouldn’t stop cutting off the competitors. It was a painful lesson for Joe and Lance (and I imagine Joel). I was a witness for Joe but their action in the water spoke louder than my testimony Before the judge.

Last edited:

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Besides, Greg, I was talking to Duufy. There you go again making a Joel Tudor thread all about you.
of course as always LOL. Keep in mind he said he wouldn't even post on Discussion Posts after he got his hand slapped with the Death Post. classic stuff

Nov 8, 2019
Joel often surfs big swells on small fish surfboards. He put on quite the show during a big West Swell at double to triple overhead Swamis, on a Skip Frye fish which must have been close to 5 feet long.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I click on a Joel Tudor thread and here is Greg Griffin reminding us that he worked at Town and Country Hawaii for 20 years. Posting a pic of him and his woman. Getting the facts wrong on Joe and Lance at Malibu.:) You trying to remind us how "connected:" and bitchin' you are only adds to your douche factor. I don't care that you shaped a board for Potter back in "83.

You were the one who, more than once, bragged about knowing what really happened to Andy and then never talked. You didn't know sh!t about Mick Campbell and Andy. You didn't know sh!t about Andy and Kelly's fight. You are the worst "insider" in surfing. You know half the facts and then brag... **** off.

Joel knows that he weighs 160 and a serious striker will knock him the fvck out before joel can man-hump him on the ground.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus and fishtank

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Reactions: john4surf

hanger18

Nep status
Sep 16, 2003
Pacific Beach
Ive Known Joel since 1988. All I know is he's always been a true friend to me.

In Hawaii one year (1991), I was staying at John Carpers house and he abruptly said I had to find another place to stay. He was very Christian and I was not. I took my stuff to Pipeline, left it behind Benji's house and went surfing. I ran into Joel surfing Off The Wall lefts and told him what happened and asked if he had any room where he was staying. He said maybe and when we went in he said to go with him and well ask his friend who was the one renting the house. It wasn't any house, It was the Lopez compound. He vouched for me and in return for doing the dishes for two weeks, his friend Takuji let me stay. Joel had the upstairs and let me sleep on the couch. It was the Bro move of all-time.

He's done stuff like that for so many over the years. So yeah, he may be a little rough around the edges but he's a good man.

Unless he's yelled at you or beat you up, there isn't much to say. If he has, sorry man, but you probably deserved it.

LelandCuz

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 21, 2011
Lahaina
woow no leash at pipe
I think that would be preferable on a longboard. Less chance of breaking the board, no chance of snapping a leash, no rocks for it to wash up on or a long swim. I'd say no leash at Honolua is much sketchier even though the wave is less fearsome.