Joe Rogan

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
"Afraid" :roflmao:

Nice mischaracterization.

His show is nothing to do with "free exchange of ideas".

Bigotry is not an idea
Another one of your kneejerk tropes. Controversial guests that are known for their "bigotry" are barely 1% of the total episodes. Even among those episodes, other things are discussed. Even the last Ben Shapiro episode had Shapiro speaking against what happened to George Floyd and arguing in favor of police and criminal justice reform.

He gave a platform to the far right and let them spew their nonsense unchallenged.
Like I said above, aside from Alex Jones, Gavin and Milo, the vast majority of the thousands of hours of his podcast aired have nothing to do with racism.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
This show is literally stuck at the level of "frat bro" philosophical discussions.......sooooooo deep, so much free exchange of really stupid ideas.

It's just a platform for the alt-right at this point:

So much free exchange of ideas (or when dumb dudes think out loud).

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
This show is literally stuck at the level of "frat bro" philosophical discussions.......sooooooo deep, so much free exchange of really stupid ideas.

It's just a platform for the alt-right at this point:

So much free exchange of ideas (or when dumb dudes think out loud).
Please listen to the Ben Shapiro episode and get back to me about what is so offensive. They actually discussed the legal barriers surrounding bringing corrupt cops to justice, and Shapiro spoke in support of reforming them.

Speaking of Shapiro and Rogan's inability to call BS, Rogan actually put Shapiro in his place in their previous on his stance on gay marriage.

Your argument is horseshit that reeks of butthurt. Were you bullied as a kid?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Look at Dan Rather interviewing former dictator Saddam Hussein. Given Hussein's history they must've been discussing the justification of ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses the whole time. Like Hal, I don't need to listen to it to know what was actually discussed, simply hosting Hussein is giving a platform to someone who should never have one in the first place is bad enough.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Look at Dan Rather interviewing former dictator Saddam Hussein. Given Hussein's history they must've been discussing the justification of ethnic cleansing and human rights abuses the whole time. Like Hal, I don't need to listen to it to know what was actually discussed, simply hosting Hussein is giving a platform to someone who should never have one in the first place is bad enough.

you're burning an awful lot of calories to defend Rogan.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Another one of your kneejerk tropes. Controversial guests that are known for their "bigotry" are barely 1% of the total episodes. Even among those episodes, other things are discussed. Even the last Ben Shapiro episode had Shapiro speaking against what happened to George Floyd and arguing in favor of police and criminal justice reform.

Like I said above, aside from Alex Jones, Gavin and Milo, the vast majority of the thousands of hours of his podcast aired have nothing to do with racism.
What does percentage have to do with the fact that he gives far right trolls a platform? :roflmao:

"he did it but look at all the other stuff he did" :roflmao:

It's amazing how far will you go to defend Rogan.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
What does percentage have to do with the fact that he gives far right trolls a platform
When you characterize his show as not being an exchange of ideas but as a platform for bigotry, you are basically saying that almost every minute of every episode is an endless stream of racist tirades similar to a Klan rally speech. In reality, it's a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Like I said- you are a hysterical liar. You still have not provided an example of Rogan's hurtful comments towards transgenders. Liar!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009

So fking dumb.

Where did Rather let Hussein rumble on about ethnic cleansing, agreed with him or let him go unchallenged?

Always so terrible at valid comparisons.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
When you characterize his show as not being an exchange of ideas but as a platform for bigotry, you are basically saying that almost every minute of every episode is an endless stream of racist tirades similar to a Klan rally speech. In reality, it's a fraction of a fraction of a percent.

Like I said- you are a hysterical liar. You still have not provided an example of Rogan's hurtful comments towards transgenders. Liar!
Grasping for straws.

I don't give a sh!t what he does the rest of the time.

It's irrelevant.

I'm always fascinated to see which hills you choose to die on. :roflmao:

Both Rogan and you were ranting against transgender people for years, how you refuse to accept anything but their biological sex and how it's a mental illness. Transphobic POS.
Nothing to do with sports.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Please listen to the Ben Shapiro episode and get back to me about what is so offensive. They actually discussed the legal barriers surrounding bringing corrupt cops to justice, and Shapiro spoke in support of reforming them.

Speaking of Shapiro and Rogan's inability to call BS, Rogan actually put Shapiro in his place in their previous on his stance on gay marriage.
Celebrity worship

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Grasping for straws.

I don't give a sh!t what he does the rest of the time.

It's irrelevant.

I'm always fascinated to see which hills you choose to die on. :roflmao:

Both Rogan and you were ranting against transgender people for years, how you refuse to accept anything but their biological sex and how it's a mental illness. Transphobic POS.
Nothing to do with sports.
I think you're taking the Joe Rogan show more seriously than he or his guests do.

Rogan spoke about transgender people in the context of sport. His opinion is 100% grounded in science.