Joe Rogan would vote for President Trump over Joe Biden: 'I don’t think he can handle anything'

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Good for him if he gets to do what he likes and makes money
I guess I just don’t understand who his demographic is

I never hear anyone talk about him except here

Why is he so popular among middle aged surfers?
It's not just surfers

It's Oprah for middle aged white guys that are more of the ex-jock, non-artist, non-gamer/comic/movie nerd demo

You're actually in his demographic but you're an enigma

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
He is easily influenced by the people he interviews.
I'm glad we can agree on something.

He would literally change his entire worldview, to appease whoever is on the other side of the desk.

You don't get best material out of guests if you act in a grossly obsequious way.

Comparing him to Larry King would probably be better, but not as funny as calling him Broprah.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
He put out a podcast that so obviously edited in a way to make him sound sharp. Sped up and compressed to eliminate gaps, pauses, breathing in between words.

Laughable if the implications weren’t so frightening.
Haven't heard it but you sure you didn't listen at 2x speed?

I do it all the time by accident and it's annoying.

And I love how you're frightened of Biden more than the prospect of another Trump term.

Biden's corpse would literally be better for America than Trump.

Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It's not just surfers

It's Oprah for middle aged white guys that are more of the ex-jock, non-artist, non-gamer/comic/movie nerd demo

You're actually in his demographic but you're an enigma
Fecal Face definitely has an artistic streak, and gamer-comic-movie nerd is just the way the gamer-comic-movie blondewomanbad npcs try to portray social media personalities who are into games, comic book movies, etc.
Fecal Face is a cycling/photography/motorsports/surf nerd without a doubt.

The show is fine even though talk radio is tedious as all get out and other than Alex Jones, I'm not triggered by the guests all that much.

I just don't understand how someone can be for Bernie Sanders because Bernie's authentic, then pick between Biden and Trump on who could deal with things. What Fecal says about Biden's cadaver being better, especially if Bernie doesn't make you projectile vomit.

Dead neutral > actively bad.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I'm glad we can agree on something.

He would literally change his entire worldview, to appease whoever is on the other side of the desk.
I don't think Rogan changes his worldview to appease his guests, although he is easily influenced. The 2 are related but not mutually inclusive. Rogan makes a conscious choice of not disrupting the flow of the interview by constantly butting in and challenging them on everything. When you butt in, it can be hard to get the guest back to that train of thought, that overall may have provided better material than whatever you would've gotten by chiming in.

I've heard Rogan and several other top tier podcast hosts say the exact same thing, so there is some logic to it.

You don't get best material out of guests if you act in a grossly obsequious way.
Yes and no. The knife cuts both ways. The opposite extreme of Rogan would be Colbert, who constantly interrupts and you get very little progression of the actual topic from the guest. That said, I do agree that I he could do more chiming in and challenging of his guests. The problem is that when he does interrupt, usually to ask about DMT, he is usually too baked to remember the conversation he was having before he interrupted, and the whole thing derails from there.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Colbert is only interested in a joke, he's a comedic act.

The opposite of Rogan would be somebody who doesn't inject his own opinions into a conversation.

But that exactly why he's popular.

Confirmation bias is what people seek the most.

That's why the best journalists and interviewers are those you've never heard of.

That's sh!t's boring. :poop:

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Colbert fit a guest, half the time pimping a fair to shitty movie, into the last block on a half-hour show, and Rogan is an extended one-on-one?

Rogan's format seems way more like Larry King sitting down with someone for an hour.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Haven't heard it but you sure you didn't listen at 2x speed?

I do it all the time by accident and it's annoying.

And I love how you're frightened of Biden more than the prospect of another Trump term.

Biden's corpse would literally be better for America than Trump.

Biden and Trump are our choices. Thats what is frightening.

Reactions: Aruka and FecalFace

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Colbert fit a guest, half the time pimping a fair to shitty movie, into the last block on a half-hour show, and Rogan is an extended one-on-one?
Colbert rarely if ever gets serious about anything, his act is primarily about comedy.
He doesn't pretend it's anything else other than light entertainment.

Rogan constantly voices his opinions and they're no jokes.

But Larry King is an accurate comparison as far as being obsequious, though I don't remember him going on quasi intellectual tirades or interjecting his opinions in the conversation.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Somebody who pops to mind is Errol Morris.

Unbelievable what he gets out of people without ever saying anything but a simple question.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Colbert is only interested in a joke, he's a comedic act.

The opposite of Rogan would be somebody who doesn't inject his own opinions into a conversation.

But that exactly why he's popular.

Confirmation bias is what people seek the most.

That's why the best journalists and interviewers are those you've never heard of.

That's sh!t's boring. :poop:
I realize that Colbert is an act, but it illustrates my point. Colbert's guests get very little across because of Colbert constantly chiming in. Which is why Rogan and many other hosts do not do that every time something controversial comes up.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I realize that Colbert is an act, but it illustrates my point. Colbert's guests get very little across because of Colbert constantly chiming in. Which is why Rogan and many other hosts do not do that every time something controversial comes up.
Nobody watches Colbert show to learn anything or take his opinions seriously. It's light entertainment.

One constant about Rogan's show is that people claim how much they learned from him.

Especially about DMT, cancel kultur, KEEETO, SJW, trannies and manliness.