JJF Out of Sunset

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
Reportedly to focus on the world title race at Sunset.

Has the Triple Crown lost its magic?

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
craigj532 said:

They took too long to start and it will end too close to the Pipe window. I think he's making the right move, just like I think Medina made the right move by staying longer at home before heading to pipe. Pipe is too competitive, he will get much more surf under his feet by staying at home, and he got some decent swells (again, not Hawaii). Not to mention that after you try to get barreled on close out after close out it must feel "easy" to get properly barrel on a proper wave like pipe.

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
craigj532 said:

Man, I was wondering the same thing. Seems like JJF has a couple Triple Crown titles, has won Sunset, and is now ready to claim his Pipe Masters win. I honestly wonder if it means more to him than a world title.

That footage of him from Insanities is a level of surfing talent that exists in one human and one human only.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
youcantbeserious said:
craigj532 said:

Man, I was wondering the same thing. Seems like JJF has a couple Triple Crown titles, has won Sunset, and is now ready to claim his Pipe Masters win. I honestly wonder if it means more to him than a world title.

That footage of him from Insanities is a level of surfing talent that exists in one human and one human only.
The most ridiculous thing about that Insanities clip is how effortless and easy he made it look. :crazy2:

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
hope he rides the colored boards in the contest. sick n tired of plain white boards in surf contests

craigj532

Kelly Slater status
Nov 9, 2002
How do you embed instagram stuff? Anybody?

Yeah, I saw the footage from Insanities yesterday. Made me wonder if he's skipping Sunset because he's having more fun, and getting more out of, free surfing the waves in his backyard? It might be a stake to the heart of the WSL if the best surfer of this generation gave the bird to the tour.

Joshua2415

Tom Curren status
Jul 18, 2005
San Clemente
craigj532 said:
How do you embed instagram stuff? Anybody?

1. Click the 3 little dots in the lower right corner of instagram photo.
2. Click 'Embed' from the window that opens.
3. Click 'Copy Embed Code' (see above photo)
4. Paste into erBB Post box.
5. Select 'using HTML and UBBCode' from Markup drop down menu.
:computer: