JJF Maps of Home

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I can't stop watching JJF and Mason clips. Everything else is rote AF. Plus the sailing thing make me even gheyer for JJ.

Reactions: Rlacey111

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
good watch.

had seen most of the individual waves already in shorter edits but to see it all put together and with his narration was compelling.

did not dig the orchestral music for the Himalayas footy.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I'm only about 10min in and already this vid has everything I like. Those turns he was doing at Sunset were flipping heavy. That looked like a day that could really clean your clock and they just make it look so so smooth through all those bumps. :applause2:

I love maps too, so that was really cool to see.

It's also pretty rad to see Nathan just hanging and interacting instead of having to do like 10 min of product placements in his own vids. They seem like cool cats.

Yes -- harmonic mastery scoring harmonic mastery.
Okay, fck I'm sorry but I can't help it.

Saying that scoring with the dramatic strings is "classical" is like saying Kid Rock is is "death metal"
I think it works well as scoring for the footage though, in spite of being the Bro-Metal cousin of classical music.
I just wouldn't call three or four chords, in a regular natural minor key, with no modulation "harmonic mastery".

I'm great at parties. This is why I try to not talk about music on here :roflmao:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
K, just finished it and want to add that I think the whole score and overall sound design is classy AF. Super diverse in instrumentation from each song to the next, but IMO it fits together well.

Love the animation too.