JJF fin testing

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
^Yeah, the twin fins look similar. The JJF demo's trailer from what I can tell barely has any rake to it.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
I'm not sure John John's problem is that he's not going fast enough. He's a great surfer but I would argue slowing down a bit would emphasize how radical his turns are.

The fins eh, maybe, maybe not. Slater seems to do similar things with bigger sides and smaller trailers. More archer than arrow, or I guess more archer than the feathers on the arrow.

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Same. He comes across as so bland and earnest that you can project his incredible surfing as his persona. So uncharismatic he’s charismatic! LOL
I wonder how many people signed up as paid members with his clothing brand?
I’ve almost talked myself into a hooded rashguard !
:geek:
I definitely changed my mind about those after my 10th day surfing 5+ hours this past June in Costa Rica. I was wearing short sleeve t-shirts and where the shirt would rub off the sunscreen on the back of my neck and upper arms, it was perpetually scorched. Next tropical trip I'm all about these geeky looking things, plus now I'm 50 and I can kick, stretch and kick! (in addition to wearing questionable surf gear).

Reactions: oeste858 and Havoc

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The glare is real. I’m so ready for sunnies to be acceptable in the water. Bring back the Oakley waterjackets!
Saw a duu the other day in prime positioning picking off the chest-hh sets, clearly not an adult learner, rocking a surf hat.

He was out longer than I, so maybe 3-4hr session in the blinding late-afternoon sun.

i think hats and sunnies are fair game again so long as you can sarf. Just don’t blow that first wave. Lol.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Saw a duu the other day in prime positioning picking off the chest-hh sets, clearly not an adult learner, rocking a surf hat.

He was out longer than I, so maybe 3-4hr session in the blinding late-afternoon sun.

i think hats and sunnies are fair game again so long as you can sarf. Just don’t blow that first wave. Lol.
Dunno. I’ve yet to see sunnies in the lineup.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
haven’t seen sunnies recently in the wild either but after watching gmac rocking them in “100ft wave” I want I want I want.

have seen webbed gloves on surfers. IIRC he was on a VS manta

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I think we are entering an era of sirf accessories again.

hats and sunnies will be all the range.

adult learners made it ok. rippers will make them cool again.
it's already happening, these youngins are soft. Vaping, not getting skin cancer. pshhh
When I visit home it is a good reminder to wear sunscreen at the very least some of them leatherback broads are 35 going on 70.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD

I started wearing a surf hat this summer for the first time. Can confirm, DO NOT blow your first wave with one on or it's game over. Everyone assumes you can't surf. But man it's nice, at this point I'm ready to YOLO some seaspecs for some serious DANKNESS!

1632348926153.png