Oct 10, 2018
Reactions: rowjimmytour

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
What up, Quad Fin?!
Me knowz that there was plenty of pep's surfin' before 'Duke' brought thee sport to California, Australia, etc.
so sure it makes' sense that some~one else was ridin' there, @ Mav's, before thee next generation did, + publisized it...

Just like King Tutankhamun was alive + then died,

+

well, well, well, many yearz before Jesus Christ, thee supposed Son of God,
ever walked this here, Planet Earth. But what do i knowz?
l8z, rw
:drowning:

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
PS ~ Heya QuadFin!
I alwayz smile when i see your posts, as i dig your moniker, it takes me back to me dayz of youth!
This is an ol' surf~pic, top left, of Santa Monica's, err Dog~Town's top-dog: Johnny McClure,
ridin', well ya knowz it, an early '80's quad~fin, seen below in Surfer Magazine, pre~internet:

Harry Perry is also seen in his turbun+roller s8's, Birdman too, with his bike+ recyclables, hahaha,
esh, i even had a few surf~pix of a me, a young rw, in that same September of '84 issue, ridin' my kinda quad~finz.
Can ya do thee same kinda sheee~it, today, that Johnny, or i, wuz, doin' back then, some 35 yearz ago, on 4 finz?

Hahaha,
that said, i dug that article ya posted above, of before, Jeff Clark,
{surfed Maverick's}, whom i once seen walkin' the aisles of Thee Quiksilver Factory down in Newport,
grabbin' some threadz, luv me some good threadz, so keep on postin' linkz to read up on our surf history,
pretty please, boyz+girlz!!!
:shaka:

PS ~ Nice blue whale clip too, in another thread!

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
so he learned to surf at 16, then 5 years later surfed 15' mavericks?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
so he learned to surf at 16, then 5 years later surfed 15' mavericks?
I’ll probably get some sh!t for saying this but to surf big waves you don’t necessarily have to be all that skilled at surfing. You need to be able paddle, hold your breath, stay calm and just go.

Having actual surfing skill is just icing on the cake.

Didn’t some german win the biggest wave of the year award and had never once actually paddled into a wave?

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
a lot of BS in that article:
'Princeton there in Half Moon Bay. An open ocean beachbreak with a rock jetty that can handle some size.'
don't know what it was in the 60's but it is hardly even a surf spot for the past 20 years and certainly can not handle any 'size'.
I surfed Princeton breakwater in the 60's , there was a local group there . No way can it handle any size .

This makes me want to read the article - forever writers count on people not knowing actual facts and make stuff up .

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
PS ~ Heya QuadFin!
I alwayz smile when i see your posts, as i dig your moniker, it takes me back to me dayz of youth!
This is an ol' surf~pic, top left, of Santa Monica's, err Dog~Town's top-dog: Johnny McClure,
ridin', well ya knowz it, an early '80's quad~fin, seen below in Surfer Magazine, pre~internet:

Harry Perry is also seen in his turbun+roller s8's, Birdman too, with his bike+ recyclables, hahaha,
esh, i even had a few surf~pix of a me, a young rw, in that same September of '84 issue, ridin' my kinda quad~finz.
Can ya do thee same kinda sheee~it, today, that Johnny, or i, wuz, doin' back then, some 35 yearz ago, on 4 finz?

PS ~ Nice blue whale clip too, in another thread!
a sick photo of quad air! Like all colors of wetsuit and board too.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
half moon bay
princeton

Photographs of the Half Moon Bay area following the April 1, 1946, tsunami (Orville Magoon, private photo collection). The view angles of the photos are shown in figure 2. A, Showing tsunami surge levels on a house near the bay. B, Large pieces of rock and debris that were moved from the shoreline inland. C, A beach denuded of sand. D, Ships and debris moved inland near Pillar Point Marsh within the bay.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
What happened to LeeD. It's like the biggest mystery ever.

WTF happened to Roy?!?! Where is Royyyyyyy.
That clip is LeeD. He is/was a big tennis player and as much of a legend on a tennis forum as he is here.

Roy sold a big surfboard for $1.5m. I hope he bought a nicer bus or a home for his big family with a nice workshop.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
half moon bay
princeton

Photographs of the Half Moon Bay area following the April 1, 1946, tsunami (Orville Magoon, private photo collection). The view angles of the photos are shown in figure 2. A, Showing tsunami surge levels on a house near the bay. B, Large pieces of rock and debris that were moved from the shoreline inland. C, A beach denuded of sand. D, Ships and debris moved inland near Pillar Point Marsh within the bay.
Wow. On my trips to California I've noticed the tsunami warning signs at places like Salt Creek but was not aware of any actual tsunamis in recent history on the west coast other than in Alaska.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
That clip is LeeD. He is/was a big tennis player and as much of a legend on a tennis forum as he is here.

Roy sold a big surfboard for $1.5m. I hope he bought a nicer bus or a home for his big family with a nice workshop.
Wonder if the parking tickets got paid? Can only the imagine the late fees.