James Baldwin on White Fragility

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Let's rename the school in Florida after a Union General who led an offensive in Georgia 150 years ago, when nobody alive today was born.

Fragile white southerners:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

Kinda came back or out of the closet after we had our first black POTUS:shrug:

A good way to tell if you're racist is if when Obama said if he had a son, he might look like Trayvon, you feel something negative and you think what he said was divisive.

Kind of amusing how he tried to be as non-confrontational as possible on race and tried to be as white as possible.

I think the most aggro thing he did was say Bundy doesn't know squat, because Bundy began with "let me tell you about the negro".

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Nobody supports those guys.
If you don’t think they’re a problem or worse claim that racism isn’t a problem you are indirectly supporting them.

Reality is millions of people who say things like “I’m not racist but ______” are collectively worse than a small vocal group of people screaming racist sh!t with tiki torches or klan robes. Just because you’re not the grand wizard doesn’t mean you’re not a racist piece of sh!t.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Obama getting elected……that is the exact moment when WP got to a whole new level of shrieking and gnashing of the teeth
I also saw plenty of Latinos doing same not only from US but other countries along with Xpats.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
If you don’t think they’re a problem or worse claim that racism isn’t a problem you are indirectly supporting them.

Reality is millions of people who say things like “I’m not racist but ______” are collectively worse than a small vocal group of people screaming racist sh!t with tiki torches or klan robes. Just because you’re not the grand wizard doesn’t mean you’re not a racist piece of sh!t.
IF UR NOT WIT ME UR GAINST ME

It's so funny to hear groupthink tropes recycled again and again

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
because of obama? I guess I met a few. I wouldn’t say they were as crazy as WP were. I mean, WP were out in the streets yelling and burning images in effigy.
Yeah, people never burn images in effigy of politicians they don't like unless it's racism