James Baldwin on White Fragility

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
White fragility: White people getting their feelings hurt because of microaggressions like being called racist and stuff like that.

POC fragility: Doesn't exist because microaggressions are gnarly.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
It’s funny how people react when you bring up the term “white fragility”
Yeah they act all fragile.

Anger
Withdrawal
Emotional incapacitation
Guilt
Argumentation
Cognitive dissonance
Avoidance
Denying
Crying
Arguing

These are what she noticed people doing at her stupid trainings where she calls people she hasn't met racists. What did she expect? Rather than taking a nice look in the mirror she invented a new term to double down. "I'll give you something to cry about." For some reason wine moms are masochistic and throw money at this manipulative gobbledegook. It's an emotional cudgel used to browbeat people into activism (only acceptable response, also known as "The Work"). On the plus side it's a great tool for management to use against labor.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Think about assholes, the human kind as opposed to the one you sh!t out of. How many assholes, when called an asshole, think, "OMG, I'm an asshole and never realized it! I'm gonna change my ways!!" When assholes get called an asshole they usually respond with "Fuck off then!" That's human nature. Something the DEI/SJW trainers are not too knowledgeable about, apparently.