Jacob Szekely Beat Up By Mexican Local

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
That was a somewhat annoying move but not really slap worthy. Doesn't even register on what most of us see during an average session.

I'm aware of the reputation, but I've seen the guy on the receiving end in the lineup several times and he was always easy to surf around and seemed pretty chill. Better behaved than a lot of other pros.

Reactions: Havoc

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Jumping off the rock onto the wave was cool. Everything else was stupid

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
He says he apologized and admitted he was in the wrong and squashed it.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
The guy narrating has not seen a person get "the fvvk beat of them" :LOL:
AGREED. I saw no punches landed. If the Mexican had really wanted to make a point, he would have pulled him off his board and taken him to the bottom.

But who travels to surf such a such, crappy wave, and then gets in a fight.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm aware of the reputation, but I've seen the guy on the receiving end in the lineup several times and he was always easy to surf around and seemed pretty chill. Better behaved than a lot of other pros.
He was a little sh!t some years back but after some more recent interaction with him it seems jail changed him for the better.

• Haha
Reactions: JDJ

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
Nice to see someone rehabilitated. And they say our state's criminal justice system is broken.
not a fan of his "yeah boyz" personality but he has marketed himself well and its all about the clicks - and to get sober - good for him

knew him by face in la jolla then ran into
him in indo last year and he was super cool and friendly to my kid - definitely not the too cool
for school kid from a few years back

good for him overcoming his demons

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Yeah that was kinda stupid by everyone, acid drop-in/ cut-around, and the narrator but now that I'm thinking about it, the guy you're calling "the Mexican" may be acting appropriately, you don't know if it's his home spot that's just become ridiculous or exactly what caused him to snap. It would send a better message if he landed at least a couple punches I couldn't tell. Things were(arguably) better more clear when regulation could be expected. I got regulated once or twice as a grom of 15, 16. I knew exactly why and corrected myself once my pussy stopped oozing.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754