Jackin it

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Oops, I mean jacket-ing it. so what's the call on the best wetsuit jacket? i have an old xcel so gonna upgrade jacket and some shorts. what jacket goes good with hurley phantoms?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Look at mr moneybags with his hurley phantoms.

Do they even make those things in a wide enough cut for your joe rogan thighs?

Get a front zip jacket and wear it unzipped. Combined with your phantom shorts it will be a nice jock/hipster yin/yang balance.

taking one in

Nep status
Jun 16, 2008
Like boardshorts, cinch strings in toppers suck. Front Zip sucks. Back zip or no zip/cinch only.

The 1mm Matuse is really good and lasts -- has a back zip. Try to catch a sale or buy "vintage." But mine was good for 2 or 3 years.

If you need more millimeters, I'd go elsewhere. Looks like Need Essentials makes a back zip 2mm, but pictures make it look like it's cut for folks with excessively long torsos.

Maybe O'neill?

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Like boardshorts, cinch strings in toppers suck.
Could not disagree more. I bought a few new tops after my old xcel with a cinch died and they would all fill up with water at inconvenient times and be loose under my when paddling. I ended up getting the same xcel as before and I’m happier for it. Maybe it’s because I need a large for my shoulders and arms but I’m slim around the waist? Either way, trunk tie loop and a cinch are a must.

Reactions: Havoc