It's Raining again

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I have a new go to white wine. Vinho Verde. Getting good German riesling in the US is difficult and really expensive. VV is abundant and inexpensive. Just scored a $8 VV and it is bueno.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I moved my tomatoes to a different location and they are doing better this year.

my pepper plants are still kind of meh.

might need to re-pot.

trying to turn this black thumb green

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
afoaf said:
I moved my tomatoes to a different location and they are doing better this year.

my pepper plants are still kind of meh.

might need to re-pot.

trying to turn this black thumb green
Maybe they need more snuggling and less talking.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Are you new to planting tomatoes or read up on pruning low branches and planting deep, pulling sucker shoots, not over watering etc? I water mine at most 2x per week. They're in 1/2 wine barrels, and know a guy with a farm who plants all heirlooms, uber deep inground and does 8hr drips once every 3 weeks. They're the best tomatoes I've ever had.
I was watering my bonsai this AM and saw my carbon tomato plant just popped it's first fruit :D

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
StinkinHippie said:
I have a new go to white wine. Vinho Verde. Getting good German riesling in the US is difficult and really expensive. VV is abundant and inexpensive. Just scored a $8 VV and it is bueno.
If you are close with any of the winery owners you visit, find the ones with an import/export license, or access to one. You can bring stuff in on the cheap that way, or so I've heard :computer:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
My friend Paul opened Fossil Wine bar in Atascadero and he can get some Riesling.