ISO Simple little car...

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
to drive short distances like back and forth to work. Thinking Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Kia and the like.

prefer $2-$5k

thanks

slipped_disc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2019
to drive short distances like back and forth to work. Thinking Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Kia and the like.

prefer $2-$5k

thanks
That’s a tight budget. I’d hit up Chris at Autoworld. He specializes in fixing up older model Subarus and selling them cheap. He’s got customers all over the state, and has a really good reputation amongst Subaru-nerds.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
That’s a tight budget. I’d hit up Chris at Autoworld. He specializes in fixing up older model Subarus and selling them cheap. He’s got customers all over the state, and has a really good reputation amongst Subaru-nerds.

I'll look into it thanks. Yea, not alot of money but ok something older and beat I can put some of my own work into. Just want an engine that has current maintenance like Head gasket/timing belt done.

Reactions: slipped_disc

slipped_disc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2019
I'll look into it thanks. Yea, not alot of money but ok something older and beat I can put some of my own work into. Just want an engine that has current maintenance like Head gasket/timing belt done.
Also, I’d look for a Subaru with an EJ22 engine. One of the most durable and easy to maintain engines of all time.

I picked up a 96 legacy (with EJ22) from Chris for $3k about 8 years ago. Sold it to a friend after a handful of years but know that it’s still running strong — including 4 cross-country trips and multiple Mexico trips — with nothing more than standard fluid changes.