Is this how you treat a member of the armed forces during a routine traffic stop?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Does an American citizen have the right to know why they are being detained and/or arrested?
Not necessarily immediately upon request. And they told him why he was being detained anyway.

Does an American citizen have the right to ask if they have broken any laws?
You can ask this and comply with the police at the same time.

Is an obscured license plate really cause for pulling your service weapon?
Is that the only reason they pulled their weapons?

Where are the constitution-waving libertarians on this one?
awaiting more information.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How many times has the guy in the op been pulled over “for no reason” and pepper sprayed?
Do not know, once for sure. It is totally irrelevant anyway, the fact that it verifiably does happen causes him legit well founded fear of the situation.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There's no defensible reason to be pointing guns at a person who doesn't pose a threat to you.

And repeatedly macing them.

But the usual suspect will try to defend it anyway. :socrazy:
What happened before they pulled their guns?

We don’t know that yet.

Again, I haven’t defended anyone involved here. I just don’t have enough info to defend or condemn the actions.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Not necessarily immediately upon request. And they told him why he was being detained anyway.

You can ask this and comply with the police at the same time.

Is that the only reason they pulled their weapons?

awaiting more information.
Only you would try to justify/ manufacture doubt about cops pulling guns and pepper spraying a person with their hands up who has committed no crime. Badge Bunny or just arguing for the sake of arguing?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
What happened before they pulled their guns?

We don’t know that yet.

Again, I haven’t defended anyone involved here. I just don’t have enough info to defend or condemn the actions.
It would have been mentioned in the police report if they had any legit reason.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
So, you dont know what’s in the report.
You do not think if the cops had any legit reason it would have been released asap? What in your addled mind would have justified the response? Do not forget, the cops were totally wrong about the reason for the stop.

Reactions: hal9000

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Exactly.

Now you see why the right to possess firearms is so effective.

You see what you perceive to be bad cops rousting an innocent man and at the same time believe that only cops should be allowed to have guns.
Yeah if you have guns you are always in the right.

Never mind that Bundy clan were actual criminals.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Only you would try to justify/ manufacture doubt about cops pulling guns and pepper spraying a person with their hands up who has committed no crime. Badge Bunny or just arguing for the sake of arguing?
I’m not manufacturing anything. I’m doing the exact opposite. I’m stating simply that I don’t have enough info. Neither do you but you’ve already made you decision about this.

Who’s manufacturing now?

Look, when Fentanyl Floyd was killed the first video posted here was less than a minute of the entire encounter and I said at the time that I didn’t have enough information from that video to make a judgement.

Then I saw the full 10 plus minute video and immediately posted it here and state unequivocally that Saint Floyd was murdered.

Why is this so hard for you?