Is the POTUS in early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't disagree for the most part.

I'm just saying it is what it is.

The above vs the demented guy.
Trump is worse, the fact you give Trump a pass and attack Biden just shows your dishonest partisanship, good thing you don't vote.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Trump is worse, the fact you give Trump a pass and attack Biden just shows your dishonest partisanship, good thing you don't vote.
I'm not giving Trump a pass.

I'm merely pointing out the irony in pretending it's OK the alternative you've been provided is a demented elderly man.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think comparing the mental impairment of Trump and Biden is pretty foolish

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
No 25th ever; Pence is the VP. Incompetent bumbling Republican governance is hilariously preferable to actual implementation of conservative policy.

Biden's age-related mental snafu seems worse; Trump honestly sounds like just as much of an imbecile as he did in the 1980s. It's not like he was all there or not an idiot, ever.

Anyway give me Biden pooping himself over Trump, and give me Trump, all day, every day, over every other registered Republican currently holding elected office, by miles and miles.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Yes, because when he has to be removed from office, or resigns, or dies.......We'll get Kamala Harri or Elizabeth Warren and actually have sane, rational, empathetic, and competent leadership.
So a woman who locks up parents when they're teenage kids skip school, issues draconian sentences for low level drug possession, and extends sentences of inmates in order to extract more free labor (slavery) is sane and empathetic? :ROFLMAO:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Definitely better than putting kids in cages and crashing the economy with a non-response to a pandemic.
BUH TRUMP

The economy would've crashed with any sort of shutdown. The "kids in cages" trope has been proven to be hyperbolic and an extension of Obama era policy.

Kamala Harris laughed about the fact that she used inmates for slave labor. There is nothing sane and empathetic about that, it's borderline psychotic. She was also in a very powerful position to actually help people in poverty by implementing reforms to a very draconion and overwhelmed justice system, that by default affects minorties greatly. Instead she did the opposite with actions that would get a white politician ilked as a white supremacist (if they were republican, of course).

Kind of strange for someone who constantly plays the racist and SJW card. Weird.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Definitely better than putting kids in cages and crashing the economy with a non-response to a pandemic.
I'm with you that Kamala is better than Trump but you're out of your mind with Kamala or Warren as VP pick. I am not sure if Biden is going to make it to November, and if he doesn't, the VP he picks stands a decent chance of being the nominee. Kamala and Warren are both electoral disasters waiting to happen.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
BUH TRUMP

The economy would've crashed with any sort of shutdown. The "kids in cages" trope has been proven to be hyperbolic and an extension of Obama era policy.

Kamala Harris laughed about the fact that she used inmates for slave labor. There is nothing sane and empathetic about that, it's borderline psychotic. She was also in a very powerful position to actually help people in poverty by implementing reforms to a very draconion and overwhelmed justice system, that by default affects minorties greatly. Instead she did the opposite with actions that would get a white politician ilked as a white supremacist (if they were republican, of course).

Kind of strange for someone who constantly plays the racist and SJW card. Weird.
If a Republican did the same thing they would be lauded as "tough on crime".

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
BUH TRUMP

I don't think empathy is Kamala Harris' strong suit. That said, the "kids in cages" trope has proven to be a purposeful exacerbation of Obama-era-policy's shortcomings and was repurposed to be punitive. It's a dickhead Stephen Miller move.

Regarding white supremacists, I disagree. Sure woke twitter thinks everyone is a racist. In swing districts, with swing voters, the GOP gets ilked as being white supremacists when one of the fathers of their gerrymandering movement dies and the daughter dumps his notes and he's point-blank demonstrably a white supremacist.

Edit: Harris has the same problem Klobuchar has. Prosecutors trying to burnish centrist "tough on crime" creds. The difference is, Klobuchar's in Minnesota where she doesn't have to pretend to be woke, she had no chance at that "lane" in the primary, so there was no pandering. Harris needed that lane.

Harris + Klobuchar "tough on crime" = Hillary voting for Iraq. Or Obama saying the gay marriage/abortion thing is "above his pay grade". It was a politically useful tactic that they don't believe in, a damn bit, and like many of those, it can wind up having long-term consequences.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
If a Republican did the same thing they would be lauded as "tough on crime".
Probably, although nobody with half a brain would call them sane and empathetic in the same breath, and certainly not about Trump.

Although that was coming from a poster who thought a chubby skateboarder was one of the world's best athletes, so he seems to have trouble making accurate judgements in general.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I don't think empathy is Kamala Harris' strong suit. That said, the "kids in cages" trope has proven to be a purposeful exacerbation of Obama-era-policy's shortcomings and was repurposed to be punitive. It's a dickhead Stephen Miller move.

Regarding white supremacists, I disagree. Sure woke twitter thinks everyone is a racist. In swing districts, with swing voters, the GOP gets ilked as being white supremacists when one of the fathers of their gerrymandering movement dies and the daughter dumps his notes and he's point-blank demonstrably a white supremacist.
Agreed, although the bold above is the key takeaway. I imagine that if a white republican POTUS and AG oversaw the subprime mortgage crisis/recession that resulted in a massive transfer of wealth from minorities to mostly wealthy white people, with virtually no criminal penalties, then there would've been a huge uproar from the left with accusations of white supremacy, stealing from minorities, etc.

Of course that is an n=1 experiment that is impossible to replicate, but the bottom line is that democrats and minorities are criticized through a different lense when it comes to issues of racism and inequality.