Is the Nintendo Wii Balance Board Sensitive Enough to Apply to a Surfing Simulation Video Game? Any Surfing Simulation Games Out There Worth my Time?

Apr 29, 2019
I wouldn't want a surfing simulator that would put surfing instructors out of work. I certainly wouldn't want to see a bunch of couch kelpers created either (That's the ocean's equivalent of a couch potato). It would be nice to be able to surf (via video game) some beautiful locations I'll never be able to afford to visit. I'm looking for opinions from people with actual experience on a Wii Balance board. A simply yes or no response is unhelpful (explain your theories, please...) I assume that large movements or leans on a board would need to be augmented using a hand controller or a motion controller. Also traction on the board would need to be communicated to the player visually rather than by foot feel. I hope to get some interesting thoughts on this concept.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
To answer your question, yes.

It works so well that you won’t even néed to surf anymore at all.

But you need to put in a lot of time to get the benefit out of it.

Put away your boards for about 18-24 months and focus solely on wii surfing.

Apr 29, 2019
surfing videogames are the best way for all surfers to replace their surfing
Surfing video games replace surfing IRL? Suplement maybe--how can video games replace the sun, the smells, the spray, the dodging of the giant squids---OK video games can probably replace the squid dodging but none of that other stuff...

Apr 29, 2019
To answer your question, yes.

It works so well that you won’t even néed to surf anymore at all.

But you need to put in a lot of time to get the benefit out of it.

Put away your boards for about 18-24 months and focus solely on wii surfing.
I'm not finding a WII Surfing game in my internet searches--is the surfing game part of a mini game on another named game?

Jun 10, 2020
I wouldn't want a surfing simulator that would put surfing instructors out of work. I certainly wouldn't want to see a bunch of couch kelpers created either (That's the ocean's equivalent of a couch potato). It would be nice to be able to surf (via video game) some beautiful locations I'll never be able to afford to visit. I'm looking for opinions from people with actual experience on a Wii Balance board. A simply yes or no response is unhelpful (explain your theories, please...) I assume that large movements or leans on a board would need to be augmented using a hand controller or a motion controller. Also traction on the board would need to be communicated to the player visually rather than by foot feel. I hope to get some interesting thoughts on this concept.
I tried to play the game on the longboard and I can say that there is a super-sensitive board, but the problem is that it is very poor-quality. It was one of my favorite consoles and at one point it just stopped turning on. I was shocked and immediately contacted a repair service center and she said that the console could no longer be restored because the motherboard had burned down. After that, I was very disappointed in modern consoles and remembered how I had a super Nintendo console and it worked just amazing. I decided not to despair and found a super Nintendo emulator at https://romsie.com/roms/super-nintendo. There is also a huge amount of free games and this is real nostalgia.