Is the left a bunch of Marxists, anarchists, or fascists?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
However Bernie Sanders is classified, that's what the overwhelming amount of people on the left want.
even Bernie had to bow down to the racial neo puritanism

at one time he was an immigration skeptic, which is actually the common sense position if you really want a more robust social safety net

Bernie is old news

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I like how a few fringe actors have now become the emblem of
150million americans with vastly different beliefs and values
You are correct, it's not fair to characterize half of the country based on the actions of a small fringe. The problem is that an even smaller number of people on the left are willing to call out those fringe actors, and we are silently allowing them to write the rulebook for the rest of us. Those that do call out the whackos are called racists and Trump supporters, such as Bret Weinstein/Evergreen.

Stuff like workplace diversity training, where consultants are paid 4-5 figures to give 2 hour presentations to tell all white people they are racist, have worked their way into the mainstream. Matt Taibbi has covered this stuff in great detail. Autoprax's signature is also an example of this.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
mischaracterization.

the trainings tell all people they are inherently racist...it's not just white people
that are forced to take these

I have been through an inordinate amount of that content as the company that
I was previously employed at made authoring and distribution technology for
this type of compliance training

it's not a bad thing, in my opinion

and, most importantly, it did not arise out of thin air....these types of internal
checks and balances are a CYA for the company due to the prevalence of
discrimination in the workplace and the resulting penalties that can be incurred
if the organization does not demonstrate a good faith attempt at preventing it

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
All these delusional reactionaries using terms they don't understand parroting the faux intellectual of the week on youtube, lol

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Nick Kerr

OTF status
Apr 3, 2020
If by the left you mean normal people who decided that it's past due for us to tear down and destroy the racist institutions in this country by any means necessary and change the country forever from being all consuming capitalist pigs and reform it into a collective country equal for everyone and want to call that Marxist, yes.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
its all part of Trumbys new tactic of extreme culture wars and ident politics. He’s gone harder at the identity politics in the last few days than at any other time since 2015.
The angry rubes follow along like lemmings.

• Haha

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
mischaracterization.

the trainings tell all people they are inherently racist...it's not just white people

and, most importantly, it did not arise out of thin air....these types of internal
discrimination in the workplace and the resulting penalties that can be incurred
I got in on diversity indoctrination in the 80’s, early days. This was in a big corporation and the cya element wasn’t hard to see.

If we’re all inherently racist what can be done to eliminate racism? Will there be some kind of a metric?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
mischaracterization.

Those are counterproductive and awful, and are simply, as you admit in your last paragraph, a way to get out in front of lawsuits

They create a chilling effect on speech and are counterproductive at the end because people will not be able to work as freely with each other as they are worried about how they communicate with each other. They also make people not want to be friends outside of work because of the potential pitfalls; I guess that can go either way though. Lastly, the hours wasted on these trainings take away from actual work getting done which are one more wasteful, counterproductive action

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Those are counterproductive and awful, and are simply, as you admit in your last paragraph, a way to get out in front of lawsuits

They create a chilling effect on speech and are counterproductive at the end because people will not be able to work as freely with each other as they are worried about how they communicate with each other. They also make people not want to be friends outside of work because of the potential pitfalls; I guess that can go either way though. Lastly, the hours wasted on these trainings take away from actual work getting done which are one more wasteful, counterproductive action
Diversity Equity Inclusion/Implicit Bias/Microaggression etc trainings made me disassociate from being a "progressive."

• Love

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
mischaracterization.

Whether I mischaracterized diversity training/CRT or not is not the point. The point is that these ideas at one time would've been considered far left fringe, and they have now worked their way into the mainstream. They have also become mainstream and accepted in academia with very little opposition, because nobody is willing to risk being labeled a racist for opposing CRT. Every other concept, theory, experiment, etc in academia has to through a gauntlet of criticism and challenge before it becomes accepted, however CRT and other related grievance disciplines have mostly gone unchallenged.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Really? Are you in denial as to what the left stands for these days? How many photos and videos would you like me to post as evidence?

none because you are stupid and no one cares what you think or say

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
its all part of Trumbys new tactic of extreme culture wars and ident politics. He’s gone harder at the identity politics in the last few days than at any other time since 2015.
I've been railing against this stuff since long before Trump. Trump talking about it actually does a disservice.

Now we are at the point where you can't call out a violent looter without being called a racist, which is madness.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Whether I mischaracterized diversity training/CRT or not is not the point. The point is that these ideas at one time would've been considered far left fringe, and they have now worked their way into the mainstream. They have also become mainstream and accepted in academia with very little opposition, because nobody is willing to risk being labeled a racist for opposing CRT. Every other concept, theory, experiment, etc in academia has to through a gauntlet of criticism and challenge before it becomes accepted, however CRT and other related grievance disciplines have mostly gone unchallenged.
you're blaming this on the nebulous but nefarious left

this training arose from the legal system which, informed by our constituion and laws
enacted by elected officials, state that you cannot discriminate in the workplace based
on race, gender, nationality, and more

this is why I made my point above in response to OnZ that the ire should be directed
at the long storied history of litigiousness

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
you're blaming this on the nebulous but nefarious left

this training arose from the legal system which, informed by our constituion and laws
enacted by elected officials, state that you cannot discriminate in the workplace based
on race, gender, nationality, and more

this is why I made my point above in response to OnZ that the ire should be directed
at the long storied history of litigiousness
Yes, CRT does have legitimate roots, and there should absolutely be training to get in front of workplace discrimination, harassment, etc. Although like most things that start with good intentions, there have been academics and activists who have co-opted CRT and taken it to new extremes, and those have gone mostly unchallenged. If you are white, you can't even have an opposing opinion about it without being labeled a racist and having "white fragility".

Also, it's not nebulous. The exact people who push this tripe are easy to identify.

See Matt Taibbi's work.