Is the East Coast about to score?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Remember this when the topic of N vs W wind comes up.
I’m sure we could find a way to make a prop bet out of this. “How many hours, out of the 48 hours following a proper nor’easter, blow N, versus W, as the storm finally cleans out and cleans up”

I don’t know, I didn’t surf once in Ireland but came home and took at least medium advantage of the best 3 day stretch we’ve had at home in a looooooong time. the sand is good again right down my block after a 4 or 5 year hiatus. Fun having multiple peaks pulling in swells from the goofy variety of angles we get (when we do actually get waves)

north versus west. Hell who knows how that will go. Weird dry summer. 4 day monsoon of a weird hybrid storm. And now flawless weather for a few. Saw there were still some fun clean little leftover barrels on offer today. Thats 5 days straight of ride able surf, very rare for NY

Reactions: mundus

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Had an absolute epic session at a far western li jetty with just two other pals yesterday eve. Chest to head high runners from the jetty to the beach...just doing laps for hours. By far the most fun I have had around here in a long long time. 5hr session at 49 yrs old and I am wrecked today. Inexplicable that it was just 3 of us for the last few hrs. Best session of all 5 days.