Is the East Coast about to score?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Would I possibly be seeing tiny but well defined forerunners up here yet? Sets are about 2 feet on the faces but looooooong

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m exercising on the boardwalk. Really looks like every set is getting a little bigger. (Relatively)

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Looks fun here -- waist high groundswell. Longboard bliss. So glad my local is the Cam of the Moment on Surflie - otherwise one of the 247,000 surfers that live around here might not show up .

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
fun in the SE atm... a little bumpy but solid sets. i'm gonna miss the rest of SE action but plan to be up in AC on Friday as it arrives up there. would love to catch that famous AC left again :cheers:

Reactions: surfadelphia

theramrod

Nep status
Nov 14, 2014
N Cackalaki
Subway, I think you were seeing lines from Fiona from when it formed until it got into the Caribbean. It wasn't big at that time but was in the swell window to give the east coast a little shot. Seeing it here in NC about the same size as the photo you posted. Looking forward to the end of the week when the real juice is supposed to get here .

Reactions: Subway

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
fun in the SE atm... a little bumpy but solid sets. i'm gonna miss the rest of SE action but plan to be up in AC on Friday as it arrives up there. would love to catch that famous AC left again :cheers:
I havent surfed uptown in way too long.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I’m in Rhode Island hoping to do some shorepound whomping at the local break where I grew up. It’s been like glass the past few days.

Reactions: Chocki

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
I havent surfed uptown in way too long.
i get up to AC once a year or so and usually seem to catch that left breaking well - always a treat for this goofy-footer :shaka:

but i'm interested to see how the So Inlet breaks these days, particularly New Hampshire Ave (Crystal) - it's been about 45 years since i surfed that beach. nowadays, there's a crew of people that i grew up with, that have re-assembled and resurrected themselves on that beach - it would be a thrill to surf it once again, with the boys :waving:

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
Clean sliders at dawn with lots of Spanish mackerel busting bait on the surface and a mix of bowly chest high barrels and long runners for lunch. Round two tomorrow.

Reactions: mundus

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh I know- the wave I posted was barely knee high, I was just trying and failing to capture one of those knee high “sets” that actually peeled for 100 yards. Nothing that made me want to surf; just participating in a surfer forum whilst bike riding and doing pull ups

I’ll be gone for the real show in a couple days but I’m feeling good about my chances of getting Fiona swell on the other side :shaka:

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Some fun corners tonite at Folly. Pretty walled at most spots but I found a sandbar with some wedges. Loooong lines. Stunning tropical cloud sunset. Maybe chest plus on the sets. Tomorrow could be real fun here. PR and DR—not so much.

Reactions: Subway