Is TESLA the new surfmobile? ERmag looks to find out...

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
She’s dressed like someone from nyc who‘s trying (and failing) to look like a Californian.
She's dressed like a rug-muncher. She might look "Californian" in NorCal which has a ton of East Coast transplants, many of whom are into the same sex.

Speaking of lesbian, I was hoping for a "Thelma and Louise" ending for all the people in the Tesla article, including the Surfrider guy.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
With no engine to get fouled with sand, are electric vehicles the perfect vehicles for the dunes? Although with no loud engine, people couldn't hear you coming so that would not be good.
the perfect vehicle for sand is the one that can get you in and out of sand. everything else is secondary.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ and r32

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Serious question: If you are in the middle of nowhere with a depleted battery, how do you recharge it? You can't hike out and go back with a gallon can of electricity.

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Serious question: If you are in the middle of nowhere with a depleted battery, how do you recharge it? You can't hike out and go back with a gallon can of electricity.
No Tesla owners here who have thought about this question?

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
My favorite line in the review

I loved most about driving this [$60k unicorn car that you can’t fit a short board inside] across California was the deep satisfaction of knowing that traveling hundreds of miles was having a significantly lesser impact on the natural environment I set out to enjoy.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
No Tesla owners here who have thought about this question?
Maybe use their app to get a service car out to you to help you out? Call AAA like anyone else?
Have a solar panel in your trunk that can trickle charge you and a good book?

Really, its a reasonable question. However if you are dumb enough to risk it, then you deserve to be stranded. It's the same with an ICE car.

I have a neighbor, with a big azz old truck guzzler. I took the back country road home one day instead of the fwy. Saw him on the road, a bad part with a blind curve, just stopped. We don't talk much, but I stopped and asked whats up. He ran outta gas with 3 miles left from home. He said he decided to risk it even though he knew he was really low on fuel. He called AAA and was waiting for them to show, 30 mins later. I said call me in an hr if he still needed help.

It can happen to any type of car. And with a Tesla, you can literally map out your route on the screen, and it will tell you if you have enough energy to make it. Gotta be a space case to not be ahead of the computer.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Almost. Great attempt. 10/10.

Progress in flight testing is marked by black spots on the ground.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
My favorite line in the review

I loved most about driving this [$60k unicorn car that you can’t fit a short board inside] across California was the deep satisfaction of knowing that traveling hundreds of miles was having a significantly lesser impact on the natural environment I set out to enjoy.
What are those batteries made out of? And where does the electricity that charges them come from?

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
Maybe use their app to get a service car out to you to help you out? Call AAA like anyone else?
Have a solar panel in your trunk that can trickle charge you and a good book?

Really, its a reasonable question. However if you are dumb enough to risk it, then you deserve to be stranded. It's the same with an ICE car.
Use their app to get a service car out to help you out?
Call AAA like anyone else???
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I guess this provides the definitive answer to the question, "Is TESLA the new surfmobile?"

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Jeep grand Cherokee limited. Great for off road, holds multiple boards and people, 22 mpg highway.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
All well and good but does it have an app to call for a service car if you get a flat tire? ;)
That’s what the spare is for, or AAA lol. I may not be the handiest of men, but I can change a tire. And at 80-90 mph with Waze on for defense, it’s smooth as silk

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This will be the newbies future surf vehicle who started surfing this last year. #vanlife :roflmao:

I don't even think the Germans will buy this:
The automaker will offer more versions of the EV in Europe than in North America, namely passenger and commercial variants with short and long wheelbase options. US buyers can only pick up the ID.Buzz in a long-wheelbase passenger format.
Eventually, there will be a fully autonomous version of the commercial ID.Buzz in Europe.
No there won't.

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry