Is some space machinery turned meteor going to hit us tomorrow?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I count on this place to keep me up to date on what’s going on in the world
I heard something about a space thingy headed towards us
I didn’t see a thread about it here
What’s going on?
Fill me in, experts on everything
cowabunga
rgr

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Stop watchin' foxnews and drinking the the orange colored bleach flavored kool aid rg....
Uhhh.... negative. Major swing and miss buddy.

The Chicoms-who don't give a rat's ass about anyone else on the planet, as long as they can get their way-- have an out of control rocket/spacecraft that is quite large and will enter our atmosphere shortly and plummet to earth. Because it is so out of control, physicists are having a hard time predicting where it will land. It might land on Beijing, which would certainly be appropriate, or the Sudan, or half a dozen other places, but most likely it will end up in the ocean. This won't be the first time the Chicoms have rained their errant space debris on earth; they had another one auger in to Africa a while back. Fortunately, no one was killed, but it did damage buildings. So it is real, and Fox news had nothing to do with creating the story.

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Uhhh.... negative. Major swing and miss buddy.

The Chicoms-who don't give a rat's ass about anyone else on the planet, as long as they can get their way-- have an out of control rocket/spacecraft that is quite large and will enter our atmosphere shortly and plummet to earth. Because it is so out of control, physicists are having a hard time predicting where it will land. It might land on Beijing, which would certainly be appropriate, or the Sudan, or half a dozen other places, but most likely it will end up in the ocean. This won't be the first time the Chicoms have rained their errant space debris on earth; they had another one auger in to Africa a while back. Fortunately, no one was killed, but it did damage buildings. So it is real, and Fox news had nothing to do with creating the story.
When will they have a better idea of where it’s going to hit?
Will we have enough time to be told where to evacuate from?
Will the news crews have time to get close enough to the impact location without getting too close?
So may questions
Where are the answers?

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
What’s going on?
cowabunga
rgr

Was going to post about it on Monday but didn't think anyone would care enough, so I didn't.

The Chinese booster core was never supposed to go into orbit, but someone really wanted the payload to get to a higher orbit, so......

Since most of the Earth's surface is water, odds are that whatever is left of it after re-entry will splash into the ocean and not endanger human life.

(Since it is tumbling as the orbit decays, trajectory is difficult to predict....similar reason a knuckleball has erratic flight and is difficult to hit. Decent coverage from the BBC with pictures/graphs).

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
What’s going on?
cowabunga
rgr
New Jersey. Hopefully you’re out of the blast zone. If not, this might be a good time for a goodbye post.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
What’s going on?
cowabunga
rgr
You'll know where when it lands. WHen it's your time to go, you're...DONE. I recommend panic.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
China = friend.
I keep waiting to see this Chinese technological breakout I've been told was coming by kooks like Thomas Friedman. Instead all I see are mistakes/malice/incompetence (WuFlu), and technologies from a generation back (SinoVax and all their weapons). 5G they stole from QualComm. I see them copying our stuff and our competitors' stuff down to the bugs at trade shows. They are leading the way in social control and facial recognition though.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I keep waiting to see this Chinese technological breakout I've been told was coming by kooks like Thomas Friedman. Instead all I see are mistakes/malice/incompetence (WuFlu), and technologies from a generation back (SinoVax and all their weapons). 5G they stole from QualComm. I see them copying our stuff and our competitors' stuff down to the bugs at trade shows. They are leading the way in social control and facial recognition though.
That is so racist.

Take your KKK bullshit elsewhere, Nazi.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
One time I'm flying home from Morocco.

I'm sitting in my seat.

Passengers are boarding when the plane lurches. This big fat 250 pound woman gets on.

As she walks down the isile of the plane, I know for certain she is going to sit next to me. And she did.

I don't have the feeling about the Chinese space junk hitting me.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Hopefully it lands on the other flat side of the Earth.
Here you go, @Random Guy. Flip a coin. Those are the odds that the meteor will land on your side of the earth. Then divide by the surface area of the flat earth. Those are the odds that you'll be hit on your side of the earth. So: .5/SA flat earth.