Is Puerto Rico Trump's Katrina?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
These are American citizens and instead of offering aide he's talking about their debts to Wall St. This isn't just disregard for these people but contempt for them.

Donald J Trump doesn't care about Puerto Ricans. I wonder why? Any guesses? Hmm...

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
frvcvs said:
These are American citizens and instead of offering aide he's talking about their debts to Wall St. This isn't just disregard for these people but contempt for them.

Donald J Trump doesn't care about Puerto Ricans. I wonder why? Any guesses? Hmm...
Trump hates 'tinos.

DUH

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
frvcs:

That dog don't hunt. The left wing marching orders have gone out and morons like you are parroting the talking points already. Congrats. You are on the leading edge of stupidity.

The feds and private groups are already doing a lot for Puerto Rico. Its going to take a year or years to clean up the mess made by this storm regardless of what our federal government does.

By the way, for longer than I have been alive Puerto Rico has been fighting to be independent from the United States. Only recently when they went bankrupt and now with the aftermath of this storm I guess Independence from the US doesn't seem like such a hot idea.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
GromsDad said:
That dog don't hunt. The left wing marching orders have gone out and morons like you are parroting the talking points already. Congrats. You are on the leading edge of stupidity.

The feds and private groups are already doing a lot for Puerto Rico. Its going to take a year or years to clean up the mess made by this storm regardless of what our federal government does.

By the way, for longer than I have been alive Puerto Rico has been fighting to be independent from the United States. Only recently when they went bankrupt and now with the aftermath of this storm I guess Independence from the US doesn't seem like such a hot idea.
Since . . . .

Therefor . . .

As usual the reasoning is spot off

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:

Trump hates 'tinos.

DUH
I was thinking it was more spite for the bankruptcy over his Puerto Rican golf resort, but since you're calling it racism that's an interesting theory. Perhaps a little bit of both. Wonder if he was even aware that the Puerto Rican people are US citizens?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
GromsDad said:
frvcs:

Perhaps you can share with us some of the details of the federal aide effort that's been happening in Puerto Rico :pokestick:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
frvcvs said:
GromsDad said:
frvcs:

Perhaps you can share with us some of the details of the federal aide effort that's been happening in Puerto Rico :pokestick:
"The federal response to Maria faces obvious logistical challenges beyond those in Texas or Florida. Supplies must be delivered by air or sea, rather than with convoys of trucks.

FEMA said it had more than 700 staff on the ground in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. They were helping coordinate a federal response that now includes more than 10,000 federal personnel spread across the two Caribbean archipelagos.

In Puerto Rico, federal workers supplied diesel to fuel generators at hospitals and delivered desperately needed food and water to hard-hit communities across the island. Cargo flights are bringing in additional supplies, and barges loaded with more goods are starting to arrive in the island's ports.

San Juan's international airport handled nearly 100 arrivals and departures on Sunday, including military and relief operations, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. The Pentagon dispatched the Navy amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge, which provided helicopters and Marines to help with the relief effort onshore."

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
OTdos said:
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:

Trump hates 'tinos.

DUH
I was thinking it was more spite for the bankruptcy over his Puerto Rican golf resort, but since you're calling it racism that's an interesting theory. Perhaps a little bit of both. Wonder if he was even aware that the Puerto Rican people are US citizens?
Ironic he brings up PR's money woes in the same response that he offers sympathy. It's always about money w/ this fvcktard. Also coming from a loathed moneyed blowhard that spends more time in court for his "deals", bankrupices and law suits. And no, he has no idea about PR citizens being US citizens. They are brown and not part of his 5th Ave. 37%.
It's disgusting that he's taking shots at them when he should be helping them. What happened to "now is not the time for politics"?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Speaking of Katrina: the left's attempt to hang that tragedy around President Bush's neck was nothing more than a bunch of lies and left wing propaganda. It makes sense that the left would look for any opportunity they can to try to recreate the past with another big storm. That dog don't hunt especially if you're left wing dreams lie with this storm hitting Puerto Rico.

If you assholes on the left really want the best for Puerto Rico my suggestion would be to leave politics out of it. The backlash you create by politicizing this catastrophe will only hurt the people of Puerto Rico.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
frvcvs said:
OTdos said:
frvcvs said:
casa_mugrienta said:
frvcvs said:

Trump hates 'tinos.

DUH
Ironic he brings up PR's money woes in the same response that he offers sympathy. It's always about money w/ this fvcktard. Also coming from a loathed moneyed blowhard that spends more time in court for his "deals", bankrupices and law suits. And no, he has no idea about PR citizens being US citizens. They are brown and not part of his 5th Ave. 37%.
It's disgusting that he's taking shots at them when he should be helping them. What happened to "now is not the time for politics"?
Laughable coming from an asshat like you who just started a thread to politicize it.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
The Puerto Rican independence movement has been pretty quiet lately. Seems like a perfect opportunity to demonstrate their collective worth......or worthlessness.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Politicize everything is the Dems new motto.

PR's devastation by Marie is going to be just as tough to deal with as Kauai's devastation with Iniki was in '93. It took many weeks, if not months for any semblance of re-stability. Many buildings and resorts took years to re-build.

PR will have it worse, as they were near dirt poor to begin with, except for the resort areas.

Their days of "new independence" are now further away than ever. They're getting help, but being an isolated island with even poorer neighbor islands, only so much can get in at a time. It's going to be tough slog to get thru, no matter WHO is prez.

But ya, let's keep politicizing EVERYTHING.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
GromsDad said:
"The federal response to Maria faces obvious logistical challenges beyond those in Texas or Florida. Supplies must be delivered by air or sea, rather than with convoys of trucks.

FEMA said it had more than 700 staff on the ground in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. They were helping coordinate a federal response that now includes more than 10,000 federal personnel spread across the two Caribbean archipelagos.

In Puerto Rico, federal workers supplied diesel to fuel generators at hospitals and delivered desperately needed food and water to hard-hit communities across the island. Cargo flights are bringing in additional supplies, and barges loaded with more goods are starting to arrive in the island's ports.

San Juan's international airport handled nearly 100 arrivals and departures on Sunday, including military and relief operations, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. The Pentagon dispatched the Navy amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge, which provided helicopters and Marines to help with the relief effort onshore."

It's too bad we don't have a Navy. Or helicopters.

700 people to help 3.5 million people. Yeah, sounds like a good ratio to me.

The second you guys have to start defending the response you've already lost the public relations battle.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
hal9000 said:
GromsDad said:

It's too bad we don't have a Navy. Or helicopters.

700 people to help 3.5 million people. Yeah, sounds like a good ratio to me.

The second you guys have to start defending the response you've already lost the public relations battle.
Nobody is defending anything. Asshat frv asked for info and 20 seconds on Google provided the answer. 3.5 million people seems like enough people to get a hell of a lot done. The lord helps those that help themselves used to be a thing. I suppose the new motto of the left is Sit on your ass and wait for big government to bail you out.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
OTdos said:
Ever hear of "a disaster"? There's absolutely no enferstucturqe left. How are they gonna pull themselves out of this?
Oh yeah, they are brown, speak spanish. No sense in helping.
isn't it obvious? by not owing so much money to Wall Street.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
OTdos said:
Ever hear of "a disaster"? There's absolutely no enferstucturqe left. How are they gonna pull themselves out of this?
Oh yeah, they are brown, speak spanish. No sense in helping.
How did Kauai every recover from Iniki? A direct hit from a strong Cat 4 with measured 225mph gusts, that destroyed or severely damaged many 1000's of homes of every structure on the island. Granted, only 60k on the island, they were devastated none-the-less.

They were without power for weeks. Took months, even years to rebuild much of the damaged homes and resorts. They survived and built back better than before.

At least 10 shiploads of relief supplies are either there in PR or on the way. Naval Mercy ship deployed. Military is increasing flights with help and supplies, now that the airports are cleared.

https://www.stripes.com/news/military-increasing-flights-into-puerto-rico-virgin-islands-bringing-satellite-phones

This is a huge undertaking of an isolated island more than a 1000 miles from Florida at the closest. All surrounding islands aren't even capable of feeding themselves, let alone helping supply PR's emergency needs.

But of course, it not enough to please the ever politicizing Dems. Nothing ever would.