Is it weird that these “once in a century” weather events happen every year now?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Question for Hal: were you and your family personally affected? If so, how?

You seem to be carrying a lot of virtual weight on your shoulders.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Question for Hal: were you and your family personally affected? If so, how?

You seem to be carrying a lot of virtual weight on your shoulders.
Were not you just posting about how you cutoff by the Hurricane 2 days ago?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Waterman and Baldy would be epic under this type of climate condition.
They sure would. Snow all the way to the dam at Baldy. Backcountry around there would be insane.

We need to get this global warming reversed immediately.

I probably should be getting a hooded 5/4 anyways for this winter. A couple of those 48 degree days were not comfortable.

Reactions: npsp

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Were not you just posting about how you cutoff by the Hurricane 2 days ago?
Actually four days ago. I still am! And worse than I thought!
BB28AE72-3E84-4589-8198-1DCE40607DE8.jpeg
This is the primary entrance. There’s a back entrance/exit that was my safety valve but it turns out that it’s not passable in anything less than Jason’s pink Jeep and that would get you in if you were lucky and GEO was driving but #goodfuckingluck getting back out until some remedial work is done.

Say 20 large wheelbarrows full of river rock (what you see in the photo, load them in a truck, move a a half mile, and place). Right up your ally!

I’m good on everything until at least Monday/Tuesday, then I’m gonna need gasoline and alcohol. Thursday if I stretch it.

Thanks for caring.

:waving:

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
View attachment 115663
This is the primary entrance. There’s a back entrance/exit that was my safety valve but it turns out that it’s not passable in anything less than Jason’s pink Jeep and that would get you in if you were lucky and GEO was driving but #goodfuckingluck getting back out until some remedial work is done.

Say 20 large wheelbarrows full of river rock (what you see in the photo, load them in a truck, move a a half mile, and place). Right up your ally!

I’m good on everything until at least Monday/Tuesday, then I’m gonna need gasoline and alcohol. Thursday if I stretch it.

Thanks for caring.

I have done that job several times. love it! How about an atv for such occurrences?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I have done that job several times. love it! How about an atv for such occurrences?
You da man! I’ll pay for your round trip transportation, feed you, and pay you $500 usd to fix it. My wife will supervise. I’ll even include three units of blood for what the mosquitoes drain out of you before you start unloading the rocks!

• Haha
Reactions: kidfury and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
You da man! I’ll pay for your round trip transportation, feed you, and pay you $500 usd to fix it. My wife will supervise. I’ll even include three units of blood for what the mosquitoes drain out of you before you start unloading the rocks!
I am almost considering it, where would I fly into, Ixtapa ?

Reactions: kidfury

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
View attachment 115663

Thanks for caring.

I come bearing shovels

Reactions: kidfury

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Now you are thinking!
I have always been of the mindset that explosives solve a lot of problems. C4 is safer - you can play football with it. I wouldn't do that with dynamite.

And btw, I think it is fucking beyond awesome that det cord burns at a rate of 5 football fields per second.

But that might be a little excessive for this project.

sh!t, I would just loosen up all the dirt on both sides with a couple lateral augers, pack a couple pounds worth of C4 in both, set the det cord, stand back 200 yards, and let her rip. Take the scattered dirt and flatten on either sides so track has a nice transition, tamp it down as needed.

Or you could just rent a Bobcat but where's the actual fun in that?

Are there still perfect lefts in front?