Is Alex Jones a hero to trumpers?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I've only ever known one person who was an Alex Jones fan. That was a lazy ass, former co-worker who was a pot smoking, Gerry Garcia loving, libertarian type who believed every nutjob conspiracy theory to come along.
Aren't there opposing conspiracy theories? How can you believe two opposing things at the same time.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Ethos matters.
To me and you and normal people yes. But I don't think people should be financially liable for making false claims, conspiracy theories and butthurting people. What is it called? It's not slander.
You hurt my feelings, I want $120m, oooh I got $4m. If that sets some kind of new standard in our already hyper litigious time, we're fuct.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The real problem is his scumbag rubes who harassed these suffering people including death threats. Jones knows some part of his fanbase actually believes him, this what makes him a complete scumbag.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Aren't there opposing conspiracy theories? How can you believe two opposing things at the same time.
We fired this nut about 10 years ago. His favorite conspiracy theories were that 911 was a coordinated inside job, that the pentagon was hit by a missile and not an airplane, that Tower 7 was imploded, that the US Government sprays chemicals on the people and puts chemicals in the water to control us and that the United States is really run by the Israelis and that the world is run by the Bilderburgers and a group that meets in the woods of Oregon or Washington state each year to dance naked around campfires or some horseshit like that.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
We fired this nut about 10 years ago. His favorite conspiracy theories were that 911 was a coordinated inside job, that the pentagon was hit by a missile and not an airplane, that Tower 7 was imploded, that the US Government sprays chemicals on the people and puts chemicals in the water to control us and that the United States is really run by the Israelis and that the world is run by the Bilderburgers and a group that meets in the woods of Oregon or Washington state each year to dance naked around campfires or some horseshit like that.
The 9/11 stuff is equally on the right and left.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
To me and you and normal people yes. But I don't think people should be financially liable for making false claims, conspiracy theories and butthurting people. What is it called? It's not slander.
You hurt my feelings, I want $120m, oooh I got $4m. If that sets some kind of new standard in our already hyper litigious time, we're fuct.
He made up a lie. He attacked the parent's reputation with his lie. Presumably he monetized his lie and profited handsomely from said lie. This lie not only created mental anguish among the parents targeted, they faced harassment, threats and actual violence from Jones' followers. Allegedly.

Seems to me that this is kind of textbook libel/slander/defamation (or whatever legal terminology is legally correct re his show/bullshit etc). I really don't feel too sorry for him. He pretty much had this coming. This is only one set of parents I believe. Now the rest of them will come. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And no, I'm not a lawyer. But I did a gummy last night for insomnia and I woke up this morning still stoned. Same same, :dancing: