Instagram Find (Dana Point Related)

Mar 31, 2008
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmrAbJnlmRw/?taken-by=rewindbeauties

Some of you old farts (like me), may have had Mr. Degen as a teacher at Dana Hills. Classic pic and pose.

San Gabriel Valley local

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2002
San Gabriel Valley, CA
When I was a DHHS senior in 1985, Degen drove my Chevy Blazer to Baja for the annual marine ecology field trip at Bahia de Las Animas. While he was filling the Blazer with gas in Ensenada I ran to the liquor store and filled my backpack with tequila and rum. Bunch of funny sh!t happened on that trip! :monkey:

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
I never had Degen for a teacher.
Didn't a teacher (or teachers) hook up with a student on those trips?
I also recall a teacher marrying a former student, rumor maybe?
Mr Armstrong the biology teacher maybe?
I'm just throwing crap out there...... :hat:

San Gabriel Valley local

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2002
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Caelho said:
I never had Degen for a teacher.
Didn't a teacher (or teachers) hook up with a student on those trips?
I also recall a teacher marrying a former student, rumor maybe?
Mr Armstrong the biology teacher maybe?
I'm just throwing crap out there...... :hat:
No comment on the rumors, gotta be careful what you say on the internet haha. I will say that on this particular field trip I saw a student exiting one of the teacher's vans in the very early morning one day before the sun had come up. The teacher had a red and white striped canvas shade over the van door so we labeled the van "Circus Maximus" and whenever he or the student was nearby I would play the circus theme song on a recorder flute that someone brought. :blush:

A DHHS science teacher did make the news when he was charged with sexual assault on a 17-year old student in 1990: click here for details. :eek:

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Yeah that's all I ever heard were rumors, and all the facts from the school trips you told me about........kidding of course. But it must've been Gaskins from that article you posted that I was thinking about, and not Armstrong.......was there even a teacher named Armstrong when we were there? It's been so long I can't remember.

Who's Your Daddy

Tom Curren status
Jan 10, 2002
Carlsbad, California
Visit site
It was Gaskins, at the time he was married to a former student too. I'm not sure how it all ended up. That incident was a year after I graduated...the Baja trip was one for the memory banks though, one of the best parts of HS for me.

caelho

Miki Dora status
Jun 10, 2003
Who's Your Daddy said:
It was Gaskins, at the time he was married to a former student too. I'm not sure how it all ended up. That incident was a year after I graduated...the Baja trip was one for the memory banks though, one of the best parts of HS for me.
Ah OK that's the story.

I dont know what I'd do if I had daughters and something like this happened. There's no way I'd let them go on any trips anywhere with teachers and students :fight: :hat: