Inguinal hernia surgery.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
How’s recovery going @Duffy LaCoronilla
Pretty good I guess. This morning was the most painful so far but I took a pain pill and I’m cruising now.

I should be fine in a couple weeks (going on vacation on the 21st so I hope so).

They did both sides, my belly button (where they went in) is all bruised up and they gave me a horribly comical manscaping job.

Supposedly my balls are going to turn purple but that hasn’t happened yet. I will feel like I got ripped off if I don’t get purple nuts.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
1st week or 2 recovery was more painful than I expected. I remember needing help to get up out of my beach chair at my kid sports game. Old man slow walk.
I’m already self sufficient, never really wasn’t. Pain is a weird thing with me. I tolerate it pretty well. A little too well for my own good sometimes.

Reactions: urchined

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Pretty good I guess. This morning was the most painful so far but I took a pain pill and I’m cruising now.

I should be fine in a couple weeks (going on vacation on the 21st so I hope so).

They did both sides, my belly button (where they went in) is all bruised up and they gave me a horribly comical manscaping job.

Supposedly my balls are going to turn purple but that hasn’t happened yet. I will feel like I got ripped off if I don’t get purple nuts.
Mine turned purple around the time I was able to start getting a little action again.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's trip when. you get delayed bruising.

Think of the complex repairs taking place post surgery.

It's enough to make you believe a supernatural god

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

Boys, let this be a lesson to you. Keep it clean and that includes the taint.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I have a small hole right in the center of my belly button. Smaller than a #2 pencil. I have an appointment with plastic surgeon that does hernia repair this week. It's doesn't bother me, never hurts but sometimes after a large meal it looks like my belly button is trying to become an outie. I'm guessing a stick or two is all thats going to take to get it closed.

I've had a few friends that have had umbilical hernias. Seems like the recovery is totally personal. Some friends were back to lifting in a couple weeks..others a couple months.

Reactions: bluengreen

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I have a small hole right in the center of my belly button. Smaller than a #2 pencil. I have an appointment with plastic surgeon that does hernia repair this week. It's doesn't bother me, never hurts but sometimes after a large meal it looks like my belly button is trying to become an outie. I'm guessing a stick or two is all thats going to take to get it closed.

I've had a few friends that have had umbilical hernias. Seems like the recovery is totally personal. Some friends were back to lifting in a couple weeks..others a couple months.
I’m 12 days post surgery. Turns out I had both sides done plus an umbilical fix.

Anyway, I’m fighting the urge to start training again. I feel almost totally fine. Talked to the Doc yesterday and she said very sternly to wait at least another couple weeks to start training again. There’s stuff that needs to heal and the only thing that does it is time.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The big fuck up people make is returning too soon.

I know you don't scare easy, but try to scare yourself into thinking that returning early will compromise the effectiveness of the surgery.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The big fook up people make is returning too soon.

I know you don't scare easy, but try to scare yourself into thinking that returning early will compromise the effectiveness of the surgery.
Traveling a couple weeks ago, catching planes, hauling luggage…woke up in DC and something was fucked. Lots of pain and getting up/down was a process. Most pain so far.

Took a week to go away.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I saw a video where the dr said they used to do all hernias but now if they aren't causing the person any problems they leave them alone.

That seems reasonable

Surgery is always traumatic and can create its own problems.

SurfDoc

Michael Peterson status
Dec 19, 2002
ex-pat Huntington Beach
Visit site
Hernias, well they're a pain. Think weak tissues and tears that allow abdominal contents to push through the opening. Mesh is often advisable over simply suturing the weak areas closed for extra support. Any surgery generally means trimming of tissues, fulguration (burning) of tissues to limit bleeding, and the use of generally a permanent sewing up of tissues with nylon threads or similar.

Anyone who thinks that will heal in a few days is mistaken. A solid healing takes at least 6 weeks possibly longer. Rest is your friend. The tissues need to first stop bleeding and leaking fluids. Early connective tissue regrowth, then maturation of new tissues. Then gentle and slow/deliberate rehabilitation back to normal activities.

I once saw a hernia so big it had several loops of bowel in the scrotum by gravity and weight alone. The guy's "package" on the one side was almost as big as a basketball!!! It felt like a bag of slimy eels in there. Surgery ya think?!

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Finally had my surgery on the 28th of April. Two other fellas were wheeled into the room who had also had the surgery. Mine was laparoscopic as was another guys. The third had open. Both of them were sent home the next morning and they were able to walk out and collect some Panadol before heading home. Doctor had me stay another night as my repair had been more complex to perform and I was in quite a deal of pain. They had to put a lot of gas into me and so there was a lot of discomfort from that. That backed off after about 4 days.
First few days at home were spent in bed or couch with slow progress in-between the two. Now the 8th of May and feeling a whole lot better. Just a dull ache in my mid section now and I've been super careful to move slowly and not lift anything as keen to get back in the water asap. The weekend I was in hospital was the tail end but the best waves of a run of swell we had and it was bummer to see all of the froth online about that while laid up.
My next appointment with the surgeon/clinic is the 25th of May so will be waiting with baited breath to hear long he says before I can venture back in the water after assessing me.

Reactions: Aruka

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Finally had my surgery on the 28th of April. Two other fellas were wheeled into the room who had also had the surgery. Mine was laparoscopic as was another guys. The third had open. Both of them were sent home the next morning and they were able to walk out and collect some Panadol before heading home. Doctor had me stay another night as my repair had been more complex to perform and I was in quite a deal of pain. They had to put a lot of gas into me and so there was a lot of discomfort from that. That backed off after about 4 days.
First few days at home were spent in bed or couch with slow progress in-between the two. Now the 8th of May and feeling a whole lot better. Just a dull ache in my mid section now and I've been super careful to move slowly and not lift anything as keen to get back in the water asap. The weekend I was in hospital was the tail end but the best waves of a run of swell we had and it was bummer to see all of the froth online about that while laid up.
My next appointment with the surgeon/clinic is the 25th of May so will be waiting with baited breath to hear long he says before I can venture back in the water after assessing me.
Where did you have the surgery?

I was in and out in a couple hours.