Inflation

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Does anybody think Inflation would be different if Don the Con succeeded in stealing the election and why?

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
How does the recent death toll among the elderly population affect transfer of wealth in the economy right now? A distant in-law recently died and all of the nephews and nieces are flush, out buying vehicles, gifts, partying like mad
folk, etc...just willy-nilly spending till it's gone.

Is that inflation? Is it transitory?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
How does the recent death toll among the elderly population affect transfer of wealth in the economy right now? A distant in-law recently died and all of the nephews and nieces are flush, out buying vehicles, gifts, partying like mad

It's YOLO-tacular.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Does anybody think Inflation would be different if Don the Con succeeded in stealing the election and why?
ding ding ding

and how about that afghanistan withdrawal....I'm sure that would have been handled with aplomb

the pictures of trump on a shipyard crane playing longshoreman would have been priceless!

Reactions: mundus

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

1 Tales like this reinforce my thought that most of the time, windfall money does not lead to generational wealth.....oh well, money moving about is required to have an economy.

2 The Silent Generation is going faster now maybe even past the bulge, Boomers are winding up, Gen X on deck, early Millennials showing potential.

3 Not as many Gen X mean the Gen Z are going to get shafted on that wealth transfer.

4 Unsure if inheritance money is inflationary in the larger sense.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Luckily for me, I have a stoic temperament.

Ostentatious consumerism just makes no sense to me.

I think certain people are wired up that way, which was Nietzsche's position.

He claimed philosophy was mere post hoc reasoning to account for a person's constitution/temperament

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
We would still be using our own petrol sources, and not going back to depending and begging the Middle East cartels to give us a break.

Cheaper petrol products keep inflation down, and have been for decades.

Spikes don't usually last for long and just flash in the pan scares. Biden and team want it PERMANENT.

Biden and his puppet masters WANT oil and nat gas to go up in price as much as possible.

It's the ONLY way they can push their GND propaganda and programs. If oil and nat gas stay cheap, GND fails to deliver.

They don't give 2 ratz azz'ezs about the poor and middle class having to shell out $100's more a month to fill gas tanks, and pay more for everything delivered with it, let alone used to manufacture it.

No Climate Justice!! No Climate Peace!!

That should be the squads new catch phrase for their sheep.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Luckily for me, I have a stoic temperament.

Ostentatious consumerism just makes no sense to me.

I think certain people are wired up that way, which was Nietzsche's position.

He claimed philosophy was mere post hoc reasoning to account for a person's constitution/temperament
Motivated reasoning.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
We would still be using our own petrol sources, and not going back to depending and begging the Middle East cartels to give us a break.

Spikes don't usually last for long and just flash in the pan scares. Biden and team want it PERMANENT.

Biden and his puppet masters WANT oil and nat gas to go up in price as much as possible.

It's the ONLY way they can push their GND propaganda and programs. If oil and nat gas stay cheap, GND fails to deliver.

They don't give 2 ratz azz'ezs about the poor and middle class having to shell out $100's more a month to fill gas tanks, and pay more for everything delivered with it, let alone used to manufacture it.

We're still exporting.

• Haha
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

And with that Mundus will crawl back in his troll cave.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus