Impossible Surf Shack in Pacifica

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Is there seafood you could gather, I can't imagine these folks are above a little poaching at this point... As far as City Dweller Creatives or meth adjacent housing challenged maybe neither, perhaps it's a disgruntled abalone or lobster diver avoiding prying eyes.
The whole set up looks dreamy to me, not exactly a surf spot for people though or is it.
Maybe a writer, or method actor researching a big project? Lord of the Flies re-re-boot, real-real housewives of Pacifica? Shark week ? Where'd I park my Vanlife?

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and Boneroni

Hump

Phil Edwards status
Jan 10, 2002
Vancouver Island
For some pretty neat buildings using mostly natural wood check out the book, Builders of The Pacific Coast by Lloyd Kahn.
Couple of old pioneer surfers featured and one is famous for the numerous cabins he has built at various places along our coast, mostly on Vancouver Island.

Both old pals of mine and very talented builders, along with one also being a good musician.

Take care.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
For some pretty neat buildings using mostly natural wood check out the book, Builders of The Pacific Coast by Lloyd Kahn.
Couple of old pioneer surfers featured and one is famous for the numerous cabins he has built at various places along our coast, mostly on Vancouver Island.

Both old pals of mine and very talented builders, along with one also being a good musician.

Take care.

Helpful link provided (click me).

Teaser:

1694807478080.png

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Here's my stab at a probable outcome for the Mad Max cliff dweller:

With all of the hoopla the city will have to take action and boot him but they'll come at it with softer safety/well being angle rather than a trespassing/kicking his ass out routine. With an "outreach team" of care givers & transition counselors they'll try slip him into some sort of public housing like a fairy tale rescue for the evening news.

Of course it is going to take a week or more for the city to get moving on this. Meanwhile public fascination, sentiment, & compassion builds for the Mad Max cliff hermit. Who is he? How long has he been there? How does he survive? How the fook does he get down there? The public is enthralled- especially if it is revealed that he is a generally clean & soberish hermit rather than a bush tweaker. GoFundme is initiated and dude walks with a bank roll.

Im thinking this scenario alone nets him $100k. If he's capable of a coherent interview with major media then I'll go $200k

I think its also going to be a rough weekend for him. Probably going to be droves of looky-loos up on the cliff top with their drones.

Input and alternative scenarios from the erbb think tank are greatly appreciated.

Last edited: