I'm recthinking part of my take on guns

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Guns are money. Just the same as drugs and illegal people. A huge black market. You have to be really stupid to think this is not happening.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I've decided in my mind that the founding fathers did want us to have unlimited weaponry in the hands of the masses in order to be on an equal footing with any enemy, foreign or domestic, that would challenge our liberty.

It wasn't a concern about technology creating weapons that they didn't imagine. They wanted the civilian militia to hold their own with equal strength. They wanted the militia to be equal to any standing army.

I haven't changed my mind that we as a civilian population are not responsible enough to carry that burden.

We need a constitutional amendment, led from the people to modify the 2nd amendment.
I'm in agreement more or less

I'd prefer to not change the 2A at all, but since it seems like the majority wants changes they should get that done. I hate the idea of legislating rights to nothingness

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I've decided in my mind that the founding fathers did want us to have unlimited weaponry in the hands of the masses in order to be on an equal footing with any enemy, foreign or domestic, that would challenge our liberty.

It wasn't a concern about technology creating weapons that they didn't imagine. They wanted the civilian militia to hold their own with equal strength. They wanted the militia to be equal to any standing army.

I haven't changed my mind that we as a civilian population are not responsible enough to carry that burden.

We need a constitutional amendment, led from the people to modify the 2nd amendment.

Congratulations. This is the most convoluted piece of gobbledygook I've read in a long time.

.....The founders intended for the citizenry to have enough firepower to resist any forcible tyranny which may spring from their government, and that's why we should eliminate the right to self defense?

You are a complete imbecile.

Reactions: Ifallalot