I'm guessing everyone here is OK with a president doctoring a NWS hurricane graphic.....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Hal,

Not sure if you watch football or basketball or soccer or a timed team sport, but think of Trump and the Sharpie as running out the clock, just like Trump and golf. This is key clock management.

If this was Jeb or Jindal or Scott Walker or any one of the other options, they'd be doing far more damage to the country than Trump is doing. I mean look at W Bush. Way more "Presidential" than Trump, but created far more problems.

If all he's doing is triggering a recession and driving overseas purchasers to buy farm products from Brazil, that's a win. We'd have two shitty justices and an even more corporatist Jesus Freaks flooding the court system with any of the others. To say nothing of their (Rand Paul excluded) horrid foreign policy positions.

Look on the bright side. He made an Alabama-related self-own. Between Trump and Roy Moore, Doug Jones might just win another one.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
To be legit in the claim, though on the very edge, the far southeast corner of Alabama WAS in the 5 day cone predictions.
As far back as Wed evening Aug. 28. Then again later Friday evening into Sat early AM Aug. 31.

The 5 day cone forecast is no way 100% dependable, but many times very close.

Trump did step in it, trying to use early probabilities to make some kind of claim. He should've just shut his pie hole about Alabama potentials, but early on (Wed, Aug 28) Alabama could've been a target on the 6 to 7 day out forecasts not made public. Some models may have had it going into the Gulf of Mexico, in fact I can guarantee there were a few in that spaghetti patch of models they sometimes make public early on.
1568175702716.png
1568175799172.png
1568175873060.png
Still can't believe the butthurt this one caused though. Pretty comical actually.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
I think Trump was just trying to draw one of these maps NOAA put out with his Sharpie.
1568176892336.png
1568176959554.png
Should've just trotted these maps out instead.

Most of Alabama DID have a potential for at least tropical storm force winds in the early days forecasts 4-5 days out.

So, in reality, he wasn't really "lying", just getting way ahead of himself publicly, which he needs to put the brakes on. But, Trump has no brakes, or at least doesn't use them much.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
The big deal.

Kind of like Obama disappearing for a week and then turning up at Augusta National on the taxpayer dollar.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I think Trump was just trying to draw one of these maps NOAA put out with his Sharpie.
View attachment 80779
View attachment 80780
Should've just trotted these maps out instead.

Most of Alabama DID have a potential for at least tropical storm force winds in the early days forecasts 4-5 days out.

So, in reality, he wasn't really "lying", just getting way ahead of himself publicly, which he needs to put the brakes on. But, Trump has no brakes, or at least doesn't use them much.
Good job numbers came out. The left wing media needed to create a distraction.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
And that doesn't bother libertards who screech about how taxes are "authoritarian" and incentivizing fuel efficient cars is "totalitarianism".
Every libertarian is an authoritarian, freedumb for them and nobody else.