If you were to move to Panama....

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Western half of the knob that sticks out to the South on the Pacific Coast. Exposed, good bathymetry, I could surf and absolutely f--k fish up with a pedal kayak.

Alternately, somewhere on the Carib side between due North of the city, and ENE or so of the city. That looks like heaven to me; decent bathymetry, probably zero crowds, I bet lots of trade windswell with lots of peaks and few people....

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
thats some righthand shack i'm seein in the vids.
Nias-like but not a skillion miles away.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The Western half of the knob that sticks out to the South on the Pacific Coast. Exposed, good bathymetry, I could surf and absolutely f--k fish up with a pedal kayak.

Alternately, somewhere on the Carib side between due North of the city, and ENE or so of the city. That looks like heaven to me; decent bathymetry, probably zero crowds, I bet lots of trade windswell with lots of peaks and few people....
I scored somewhere in that vicinity and it was exactly as you described. Short rides but an absolute conveyor belt with just myself plus 1 local for a short while. Would've been a goat rodeo with even 2-3 more people. Probably caught more waves in a single day there than any other day of my #isarf life. So fun.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I scored somewhere in that vicinity and it was exactly as you described. Short rides but an absolute conveyor belt with just myself plus 1 local for a short while. Would've been a goat rodeo with even 2-3 more people. Probably caught more waves in a single day there than any other day of my #isarf life. So fun.
So to be clear, you were in a tight takeoff spot setup, and you were in Not Bocas?