If you were a Billionaire or 1%er and Warren or Sanders were elected..........

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
If you were a Billionaire or 1%er and Warren or Sanders were elected what would you do? Be honest.

I'm thinking that if you're a billionaire you're packing up and leaving or at the very least moving your assets offshore.

If you're a 1%er you're hiring the best accountant you can afford to find ways not to pay the confiscatory taxes.

I think the response would be the same regardless of political party because self preservation is an instinct we all share.

Now what if you're in the middle class? You're just fuct.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Pay my fooking taxes like the rest of have to do. Once stupid rightwingers fighting for billionaires to pay as little as possible, truly idiotic.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
America is too much of a golden goose to walk away from even with a president who wants to make you pay more taxes.

Billionaires are like fat people.

You need fat but if you have too much fat you can't function optionally.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Also there are structures in place to protect the wealthy's money. The billionaires own the senate. And plenty of dummies in congress.

Relax, the billionaire jizz faucet will not be shut off.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Also there are structures in place to protect the wealthy's money. The billionaires own the senate. And plenty of dummies in congress.

Relax, the billionaire jizz faucet will not be shut off.
You're missing my point and making my point all at the same time. There aren't enough dollars you can extract from the rich to pay for the democrat's wish list.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
See revised post.

Didn't the GOP increase the deficit?

Why doesn't the increase in defense spending trigger you?

How can you blame this on the Dems without going after the GOP who like to spend too.

Reactions: mundus

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
Medical bills were the biggest cause of U.S. bankruptcies, according to a CNBC report. It estimated that 2 million people were adversely affected. A popular Facebook meme said that 643,000 Americans go bankrupt each year due to medical costs.

Don’t worry about billionaires.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I'd consult that famous advocate of higher taxes Warren Buffet and move the bulk of my assets offshore like he did to avoid taxes. Then I'd make fun of all those little millionaires/thousandaires who complained so loudly about having their taxes go up. Such greedy little pigs shirking their fare share. Then I'd do some insider trading and buy an island. Get myself a 22 year old trophy wife. That and a bullet proof prenup.

I feel despicable just thinking about it...

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You're missing my point and making my point all at the same time. There aren't enough dollars you can extract from the rich to pay for the democrat's wish list.
Exactly

That money would be offshore and protected ASAP

Not to mention the stock markets would drop precipitously enough to cause everyone but the poorest to have problems. It sucks those gambling criminals have this much of a stranglehold on the economy but its just the way things are.

Who would be stuck holding the bill? Us. The same people who are already getting a huge portion of their earnings confiscated every year. But hey, free stuff!

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Obamacare made it all worse. Much worse.
Exactly

That money would be offshore and protected ASAP

Not to mention the stock markets would drop precipitously enough to cause everyone but the poorest to have problems. It sucks those gambling criminals have this much of a stranglehold on the economy but its just the way things are.

Who would be stuck holding the bill? Us. The same people who are already getting a huge portion of their earnings confiscated every year. But hey, free stuff!
So the billionaires get to hold the entire Economy hostage as well as being above the law? Such a good little serf.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So the billionaires get to hold the entire Economy hostage as well as being above the law? Such a good little serf.
I have a comfortable life with kids to take care of. I don't need to fight a revolution and be forced to eat my dog

But feel free to bust out the barricades and the guillotines and see how that works out