If you had one concert to back in time to...

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
went to woodstock, and altamont, too. mom was a hippie, uncle was a part of the, ahem, "security" at altamont. mom thought i should be free to discover what i liked. in actuality, i hated most it live. first real concert was leon russel and joe cocker mad dogs and englishmen tour. harry nilsson and friends took me and mom. i saw a lot of zappa and beefheart as a kid. we lived across the street for a year from zappa. i was still doing the work i can't to this day shake. i saw the ramones in 76, talking heads, blondie, johnny thunders, richard hell, teklevision, etc... in nyc after that. saw prince open for the stones and get booed off stage. i would have loved to have seen rudimentary peni, but i never did. seen too much, i sometimes think. i was a lucky disturbed little kid.
@bonzer5fin how about best show you shared the stage with and best show for your band(s):shrug:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Honolulu Fire dept along with the Waikiki FD had to make rescues along the sides of Diamond Head because folks were trying to get in for free or they were so high or drunk. Helicopters weren't in the mix and WFD had to do rescues hand over hand.
'91 JGB And Neville Brothers Sqauw Valley 2nd day hiked up lift got to top "no need for rescue" with hundreds of heads and we all ran down towards the bowl the concert was in:dancing:I am not sure if security was able to stop anyone but I know I made it:cheers:

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Peter Frampton, Yes, Gary Wright outdoor at Balboa Stadium was a great show in the mid-70's. Rolling Stones and Peter Tosh at Anaheim a couple years later was a wild time.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Saw great acoustic show Chuck Prophet and Alejandro Escovedo at the Lobero Theater fun night...
Chuck Prophet was in Green on Red in the 80s, saw them open for X, my first concert, I was 12, I believe it was 1984.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Best Santana show I ever saw was around '91 free show at Golden Gate Park sponsored by Ben &Jerrys Ice cream:cheers:
Husband of a former co-worker has a son who is in Santana's band.

Son gives dad and mom (former co-worker) tickets to shows now and then when playing locally.

A few years back, the mom didn't want to go, and the dad (wanting a pretty woman by his side) asks Sweetie-pie if she wants to go (she is about 20-25 yrs younger than him).

She doesn't want to go, so I get the invite.

A fine show at Shoreline (hey, Rod Stewart is playing there this Friday @rowjimmytour).

And the tickets come with backstage pass (mostly for family by the looks of it).

So, backstage at a Santana show with the brass section was pretty nice, and then after about 20 minutes, Santana comes around to all the tables for about 30 seconds to say hello.

I am sure he will remember me for the rest of his life and post about it on Forum.FamousPeople.com :p

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
Would like to have seen one of these shows

View attachment 131658
I saw the Ramones at the Whisky in '78, that was really something.

There are so many bands I wish I'd seen that I can't pick one show. I guess any Hendrix show would be at the top of the list, plus one of the Hawkwind shows when they were doing Space Ritual. And Ziggy-era Bowie, Exploding Plastic Inevitable-era Velvet Underground, and any early-ish Stooges show, and the13th Floor Elevators, and early Ike and Tina, and maybe X-Ray-Spex, and . . . someone invent a time machine . . . .