If the Russians interfere in the 2018 elections (they will), how will we hold Trump accountable for doing nothing?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
You claim the Russians meddled in the 2016 presidential elections. What did Obama do to stop it? What did Obama do in the two months following the election to even investigate it? You leftists didn't even peep until it started sinking in that you didn't like that your candidate lost. Now it seems to be important to you. Why wasn't it important when you could have done something besides bitch like little girls?
are you really that far behind on the publicly available facts?

the FBI was actively investigating these clowns well before the election.

they were also conducting a counter-espionage campaign against fancy bear
vis a vis the DNC network that identified the hackers.

they identified citizens who had contact with foreign agents who were already
being surveilled.

Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn directly, Trump did it anyway and then kept
the clown on for two weeks after it had become clear he had totally let Pence embarass
himself on the television backing his lies.

get out of your echo chamber

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'm going to direct you guys to a post I made and a thread I started back on July 18th

GromsDad said:
You wonder what Meddling is? I'll tell ya what Meddling is. Meddling is the new excuse to use any time your candidate doesn't win and you can't accept the final results. Just blame it on meddling. Someone somewhere is always meddling with something especially in this digital age. Could be real or imaginary. You could even get someone to put together an investigation and indict someone in a foreign land who will never stand trial. Since their is no trial the evidence never even has to face real scrutiny in a court of law. Its awesome!!!!! :roflmao:
https://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2824325&page=1

I even predicted hal's thread with this post:

GromsDad said:
Will there ever be another lost election for democrats where they don't claim "MEDDLING"????? If the democrats don't make gains in the mid-terms will it be because of "MEDDLING"?????
I even suggested you sore loser democrats go back and look at other past losses to make excuses based on meddling:

GromsDad said:
Here is a concept I just thought of for the Democrats: "RETROACTIVE MEDDLING" This is where you go back to your past losses and apply the new excuse of "Meddling" to explain your loss. For example, conventional wisdom has been that it was voters reaction to Obama's policies that cost Democrats the House and Senate. Now you can go back and change history and explain away your losses retroactively by claiming some foreign or domestic evil force "Meddled" in the election and upset your pre-ordained victory.

Don't know if I should email this suggestion to Rush Limbaugh or to the DNC. :roflmao:
GromsDad said:
ifallalot said:
BillyOcean said:
I like preemptive meddling better

We can assume that foreign governments will attempt to meddle going forward

Therefore we should just decide in advance what we think the results of elections will be absent any meddling, and then just skip the election altogether since we don’t want meddling to taint it
We better close up the internet too because there's way too much wrong think present
Face it, democrats are pre-ordained to win every election. It is only meddling of one sort or another that prevents them from winning. Its an outrage I tell ya.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
squidley said:
hal9000 said:
He’s known about it for two years and has done nothing. Will America hold him accountable?
You claim the Russians meddled in the 2016 presidential elections. What did Obama do to stop it? What did Obama do in the two months following the election to even investigate it? You leftists didn't even peep until it started sinking in that you didn't like that your candidate lost. Now it seems to be important to you. Why wasn't it important when you could have done something besides bitch like little girls?
Before the 2016 election, Obama confronted Putin directly and told him that we knew what he was up to and warned him to stop messing around with our elections.

CIA chief John Brennan gave the same warning to his counterparts in Russian intelligence, also before the 2016 election.

Obama increased sanctions on Russia immediately after the election.

Obama shut down two Russian diplomatic compounds and expelled Russian diplomats (spies).

Even before the election the Obama administration was able to publicize the fact that it was Russian intelligence that hacked and stole emails and information from the DNC, the DCCC, and Podesta, despite pushback from congressional Republicans.

Obama wanted to go public with everything we knew about the Russian hacking and disinformation campaigns, but Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan threatened him with a political fight if he went public with the truth.

That's just all off the top of my head so I'm sure there's more that the Obama administration did or tried to do to stop the Russian meddling. Unfortunately Obama did not do enough to stop the Russians and they were successful in their attempts at damaging Clinton's campaign.

Conversely, Trump has issued zero directives aimed at stopping the Russians from meddling in the upcoming election. Our intelligence and law enforcement agencies have had to take it upon themselves to figure out how to counter the Russians attempts, despite the President's reluctance to even recognize that interference happened and is still happening.

Trump is at the very least derelict in his duty to protect our country from foreign interference.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
GromsDad said:
And you and hal are suckers.
the guy who tows the party line without any critical thought
and who is demonstrably impervious to facts and reason does
not get to call anyone else a sucker.

you're an intellectually bankrupt partisan rube who's entire
world view is colored by a simple binary paradigm; one that
prevents you from objectively considering the facts at hand.

you're literally rooting for the manchurian candidate while
simultaneously trying to impugn the patriotism of those who
disagree with your (uninformed and biased) position.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Gnudz said:
squidley said:
hal9000 said:
He’s known about it for two years and has done nothing. Will America hold him accountable?
Before the 2016 election, Obama confronted Putin directly and told him that we knew what he was up to and warned him to stop messing around with our elections.

CIA chief John Brennan gave the same warning to his counterparts in Russian intelligence, also before the 2016 election.

Obama shut down two Russian diplomatic compounds and expelled Russian diplomats (spies).

Even before the election the Obama administration was able to publicize the fact that it was Russian intelligence that hacked and stole emails and information from the DNC, the DCCC, and Podesta, despite pushback from congressional Republicans.

Obama wanted to go public with everything we knew about the Russian hacking and disinformation campaigns, but Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan threatened him with a political fight if he went public with the truth.

That's just all off the top of my head so I'm sure there's more that the Obama administration did or tried to do to stop the Russian meddling. Unfortunately Obama did not do enough to stop the Russians and they were successful in their attempts at damaging Clinton's campaign.

Conversely, Trump has issued zero directives aimed at stopping the Russians from meddling in the upcoming election. Our intelligence and law enforcement agencies have had to take it upon themselves to figure out how to counter the Russians attempts, despite the President's reluctance to even recognize that interference happened and is still happening.

Trump is at the very least derelict in his duty to protect our country from foreign interference.
First, cites please.

Second, you went through an entire litany of what Obama supposedly did AFTER he perceived that Russia meddled. Then you asked what Trump would do BEFORE the 2018 election.

Third, You're bitching that Russia hacked and influenced. They may have even lied.

Hello. There is no overriding international law or authority to arrest Russia or any other country for doing these things. Witness your claim of the consequence-less moves you claim Obama took.

Countries everywhere "meddle" in other countries' elections, because it's....

...NOT ILLEGAL.

I would be extremely disappointed if I found out that the US failed to "meddle".

Fourth, YOU LEFTISTS HAVE YET TO ACTUALLY SAY HOW RUSSIA COMMITTED ILLEGAL ACTS WHICH CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF THE ELECTION. Get back to me when they hand friendly voters stacks of punch ballots so thick that punching them causes "hanging chads"

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
afoaf said:
GromsDad said:

Savage and factual.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
your reading comprehension is apparently even weaker than your logic faculties.

he stated facts that occurred before election AND after....you totally ignored the points I made
which focused entirely on pre-election actions.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
squidley said:
Gnudz said:
squidley said:
hal9000 said:

First, cites please.

Second, you went through an entire litany of what Obama supposedly did AFTER he perceived that Russia meddled. Then you asked what Trump would do BEFORE the 2018 election.

Third, You're bitching that Russia hacked and influenced. They may have even lied.

Hello. There is no overriding international law or authority to arrest Russia or any other country for doing these things. Witness your claim of the consequence-less moves you claim Obama took.

Countries everywhere "meddle" in other countries' elections, because it's....

...NOT ILLEGAL.

I would be extremely disappointed if I found out that the US failed to "meddle".

Fourth, YOU LEFTISTS HAVE YET TO ACTUALLY SAY HOW RUSSIA COMMITTED ILLEGAL ACTS WHICH CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF THE ELECTION. Get back to me when they hand friendly voters stacks of punch ballots so thick that punching them causes "hanging chads"
You are a complete fvcking idiot.

Seriously.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
afoaf said:
GromsDad said:

This^

What Trump's followers don't realize is that he's not a deal maker, he's a salesman, and they are his customers, patsies, and suckers.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Lets turn it around for a moment: If you have a legit concern........what would you have Trump do TODAY that would make you praise him for dealing with this Russian meddling you are so fearful of? Please tell me exactly what he should do. Nuke Moscow? Would that make you happy? Put a hit out on Vlad?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
a federally standardized, auditable, paper-based voting system.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
GromsDad said:
Lets turn it around for a moment: If you have a legit concern........what would you have Trump do TODAY that would make you praise him for dealing with this Russian meddling you are so fearful of? Please tell me exactly what he should do. Nuke Moscow? Would that make you happy? Put a hit out on Vlad?
President Trump could start by directing our intelligence and law enforcement agencies to investigate and counter the Russian attacks. That's literally the least he could do, but he hasn't yet. His failure to do this is the very definition of dereliction of duty.

President Trump could've stood up to Putin in Helsinki. Instead Trump stood with Putin and accepted his denials in direct opposition to conclusions of our country's intelligence and law enforcement agencies. WTF? Trump could've thrown the indictments that his own government filed against a dozen Russian intelligence operatives in Putin's face and asked him to explain them, but instead Trump kissed his ass like the weak punk ass bitch he is.

Trump could also let the Mueller investigation continue unobstructed so we can find out the extent of Putin's cyber attack. If neither he nor anyone in his campaign did anything wrong then he has nothing to worry about. Instead he's constantly trying to obstruct Mueller's investigation and acting like an extremely guilty suspect.

Trump could enact more Russian sanctions but he's been opposed to them since even before the Trump Tower meeting. There are a lot of different ways to apply pressure on Putin, Trump just isn't interested in doing so. And why should he? Putin helped him become President.

Why the fvck do you right wing nut jobs like you immediately jump to nuclear war and assassination? Are these our only two options: 1) Let Putin pick our President, and 2) Nuclear war? You right wingers are disturbed.