If Kamala Harris was white she wouldn’t be the pick.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Let's talk about this again if there's a Harris/Pence debate.
I'm not sure what Pence has to do with my statement? I think she will probably have more substance to her arguments in any debate, although it's not like that actually matters to Trump's base.

Kamala has a horrible history as California's AG, where she perpetuated some of the worst aspects of our criminal "justice" system. Someone in that position has arguably more power than the governor to help those who are disproportionally affected by the system, especially minorities and low income people, and she did the exact opposite.

BTW what I meant to say was that the odds are in favor of the incumbent. Hardly anyone is excited about Biden. The only redeeming quality he has is that he is not Trump.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I'm not sure what Pence has to do with my statement? I think she will probably have more substance to her arguments in any debate, although it's not like that actually matters to Trump's base.
You appeared to deny that her being a woman would have anything to do with them losing, that Biden's being garbage would be enough. Maybe. I'm saying that her being a woman may contribute to that, and, let's see how the media handles her after a debate. She's no more vicious than most men, but she'll be portrayed as mean, vicious, &c.

Biden was picked for Obama's VP because he is white and male.

Biden was picked this time because he is white and male.

America prefers white and male.

Racism is everywhere.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
You appeared to deny that her being a woman would have anything to do with them losing, that Biden's being garbage would be enough. Maybe. I'm saying that her being a woman may contribute to that, and, let's see how the media handles her after a debate. She's no more vicious than most men, but she'll be portrayed as mean, vicious, &c.

Racism is everywhere.
but white males don’t see preferences toward white males as racist. That’s just considered “normal”

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Racism is everywhere.
Ok, but I'm still not seeing how what I said has anything to do with a Pence vs Harris debate.

As for the rest of your post, I mostly agree. However you have to take into account that Biden is a ho hum candidate going up against an incumbent who has overseen a relatively good economy (for the investor class, at least). So he is already at a disadvantage to begin with.

Now, if you were comparing a rockstar Dem candidate with a black female VP losing, especially after 8 years of an RNC presidency, then you could certainly have a strong argument that race was a primary driver, because there you would have a more level playing field that would favor a Dem victory in the absence of a black female VP.

That said, Trump has certainly lost some ground because of the Rona and Floyd/BLM, so that could help the Dem ticket.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
As crime rises in America, the left's attacks on Harris might just pull some voters who are concerned about that away from Trump, as he will surely run as the law and order candidate.