If being lazy and stupid wasn't enough....regular cannabis usage doubles chances of heart attack.

LarryTate

Nep status
May 7, 2012
Oddly enough I was having a similar discussion with a friend recently. Keep in mind both of us have partaken in the devil's lettuce in our youthful past. In short, we both came to the conclusion that everyone we've known who has smoked weed consistently throughout their life was found to be borderline retarded emotionally and maturely. These individuals also always seem to contribute weed to helping them accomplish all their amazing feats and major life winnings; such accomplishments like getting up in the morning, sleeping, orgasming, doing better yoga, working retail at 50 years old and so forth.

Anecdotal? Yes, however it's good to know that erbb contributors are the apparent outliers in life. There are a lot of geniuses in here.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I think smoking and vaping is terrible for you and your lungs. Nothing wrong with lighting a J on fridays with your friends but heavy smoking is not good for you.

I prefer RSO for daily use.

Reactions: bluengreen

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009

Oddly enough I was having a similar discussion with a friend recently. Keep in mind both of us have partaken in the devil's lettuce in our youthful past. In short, we both came to the conclusion that everyone we've known who has smoked weed consistently throughout their life was found to be borderline retarded emotionally and maturely. These individuals also always seem to contribute weed to helping them accomplish all their amazing feats and major life winnings; such accomplishments like getting up in the morning, sleeping, orgasming, doing better yoga, working retail at 50 years old and so forth.

Anecdotal? Yes, however it's good to know that erbb contributors are the apparent outliers in life. There are a lot of geniuses in here.
huh, the heaviest stoners I know are business owners :shrug:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

My friend who was in the NorCal growing world for a few decades was fully immersed among people like this. One of them was a guy in his 60s who would come around his house randomly at 1030 AM, light a joint, talk our ear off about weed like he was still a teenager, and leave an hour later saying how busy of a day he had.

Like yeah, we can tell you're a real go getter, man :foreheadslap:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I think smoking and vaping is terrible for you and your lungs. Nothing wrong with lighting a J on fridays with your friends but heavy smoking is not good for you.

I prefer RSO for daily use.
As someone who quit smoking ciggies via a vape pen..I can breath waaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than when i was smoking ciggies. like redic. case in point - a paddle out like Ulus on a head high day high tide Id barely make it as a smoker. now that paddles is a breeze for me. Same with running. Smoker = 1 mile at 8 mph id be dying. Now barely breathing heavier than normal. Took a few years to iron itself out but I dont think theres anything worse than ciggies. We may not know all the other horrible sh!t the vapes are doing to us yet - but they helped my lungs tenfold.

As far as weed - its been around along time and no conclusive studies show it being harmful. Common sense will tell you any smoke in the lungs = BAD...but there's nothing that ruins you like a cigarettes'.

Reactions: Hump

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

I quit because it was making me paranoid in my old age. And by quit I mean I don't buy it anymore. I'll take a hit every so often if it's around.

But I did okay as a stoner. I got a PhD. I published a bunch of articles in good journals and book with Oxford and won some awards. I became a writer/producer. I sold a TV show and am about to sell another one. I raised three great kids. I got a ton of good waves. I know a ton of other stoners who are equally successful. Nurses. Contractors. Artists. Small business owners. Folks who have achieved by far the most important measure of success... being happy and content with the life they live. Yes, there are idiots. But there are sober idiots, too. We're just a little baked.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh man, where to start? The study is garbage, like most studies that report conclusions other than "we don't know", but if another study done equally poorly concluded some shlt about covid most of you would be like "don't deny science! What are you, a heart doctor?" :foreheadslap:

After smoking the best available, morning to night, every day, for 17 years, and then stopping "cold turkey" for about a month now; I believe that pot, for better or worse, levels me out emotionally and slows down my thought process. It protects me from exposing myself to strong feelings. When I was high, I didn't want to be cold. I didn't want to be tired. I sure as hell didn't want to be sad. It acted as a buffer to make me act and think in such a way as to not reach emotional or physical extremes. Running at a permanent 6 is attractive in some ways, compared to dealing with the full scale of 0-10. It makes you want to be happy and comfortable, and find ways to be those things.
Now I'm a bit of a mess sometimes. I get in a hurry and forget things. Last night, at the end of a stressful 60 hour work week, in pain and upset, I had a full on episode at work when I couldn't spin a pen around my thumb like the expoditer can. Cursing, sweating, breathing hard, went outside in the alley trying over and over and over and failing, punched a brick wall...it was embarrassing and uncomfortable. I'm alright with it though, part of the package of being me.
It took wanting to live a more psychologically varied and rich life, to want to step out into the cold, be tired, be sad, feel everything to WANT to stop smoking weed. I don't want to go back, for a while anyhow. Now I want to be in my 30s and get a little of everything, including goosebumps. I want to deal with being angry, I want to cry sometimes. When I'm older, and looking at things that there is just no getting around, dealing with shlt like what oneula is going through, I may very well want to get super high...because, fvvk, what the fvvk are you supposed to do, just think about that shlt? Nah. For now though, I want to go through stuff and let my brain do what it's going to do about it.
Physically, after so long using the stuff 24/7...I'm fine. My blood pressure is right where it should be. I breathe naturally about 4 or 5 times a minute, and can run until my legs give out, so I just don't think it's all that harmful, physically. I do fear that inhaling burning plant matter is cancer causing, but I base that on nothing and maybe it isn't true. Either way, after almost two decades of burning the world's best stuff all day every day, I can tell you it doesn't fvvk a person up like cigarettes do.

What a long rant, I must have needed to get that out. Hope it helps someone to read, or adds interesting information to your idea of cannabis.
This resonates and also makes me want to just a take a few rips and watch Apple TV when I get home

Feb 12, 2020
Confessions of a pot addict;
Smoked it every day for 35 years; only got the will to stop a few times, to go to Bali, or a few other times to pass drug tests.
I would ask my wife to hide my stash, only to tear the house apart and find it.
Ex-wife, I should say. It made me forgetful; forgetting where I last left something like leaving my produce knife out on the veggie display.
Took the edge off my feelings; but could spend an entire year on the couch.
My son noted my motivation is through the roof now that I am off.
Never had withdrawal; just the psychological wall was too high to jump off at any given time.
So even though it started giving me panic attacks at 30 y.o.; and cost thousands of dollars a year, I JUST COULD NOT QUIT.
Never had an issue stopping cigarettes or drinking at 30; just weed. People laughed when I said I was a weed addict.
Fat stoned and stupid is no way to go thru life. Granted; still surfed whenever I wanted, but when I didn't have a job, that's when the demotivational syndrome was worst. Not so much a problem with a few hours of proscribed labor.

Reactions: Boneroni

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY

huh, the heaviest stoners I know are business owners :shrug:
I just hosted an elegant little cocktail party on one of the balconies overlooking grand central. Client who has spent about 3 million dollars with me in the last 12 months. 28 mg of hybrid gummies halfway through when all the (primarily female) client guests were good and buzzed. A grand time was had by all (see what I did there?) . I may be a cannabis enthusiast but I seem to be able to get things done and have fun doing it

583A2600-023F-4FAE-9ABB-AD76A7BA6CFF.jpeg

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Highlarious.

Never over 20% fat in my entire life.

Lazy? Sure, after 50.

Started puffing when my older teenage brothers blew smoke at me to watch me stumble around stoned.

Graduated college by 17 with 2 degrees.

Worth over a million by age 35.

Retired at 37. Let my money work for me, so I don't have to anymore.

Never spent a red cent on weed, always took the seeds from my brothers baggies and grew my own. Now have a heritage seed collection that Strain Hunters would be envious of surely.

Surfed my balls off until I broke my back and neck, and guess what? Thanks to the pain control weed provides, can still out surf and out paddle people less than half my age.

Heart beats at 60 bmp. Never off of 120/60. Blood pressure always steady.

Whoever wrote that BS article needs to smoke some weed.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Like I just did.

:cheers::beer::cheers:

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
Seems like it works quite well for over-achiever type people which I am. Helps balance that out. Also works well for "thinkers".

People prone to procrastination or laziness should avoid.

I'm back to just a couple hits off the Vapebong in the evening. Its a nice reward at the end of the day and really feels wonderful! Plus its my own homegrown 100% organic so I don't panic. Can't think of too many ways in which this would be negatively affecting me other than lungs. Can counter this with lots of cardio, surfing, apnea training etc.

Everyone who drinks more than 3-4 drinks of alcohol per week either spaced out or in one sitting, is doing damage to their body and mind this is not information most people are aware of. Listen to the Huberman podcast for an eye opening discussion about this.

With this in mind, and knowing how pervasive drinking is in the US and the incessant marketing by these companies, its clear where the agenda lies.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I have a clear problem with weed which got worse after the pandemics. Whenever I have weed it's like I can't get enough. I will light a joint and 30 minutes lates I feel like puffing again. back in the office days at least I would only be able to smoke after getting back home at night, but working from home it's no man's land... It's clear as day it's substance abuse, I'm glad at least it isn't something stronger like cocaine.

I have been trying to control it by spending a few weeks without any pot at home, but it's crazy, if I have it, it's like I have no control over it whatsoever... for example, if I only have 2g and I know I would very much like to still have some for a BBQ over the weekend (keep in mind there's no store to simply walk in and get some whenever I want), I can't control myself to save it for the weekend, if I have it, I smoke it.

I fantasize about quitting but at the same time I like it so damn much. I really wish I had the will to use it sparingly. Have been smoking (not always so frequently) for nearly 25 years, old habits die hard.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I have a clear problem with weed which got worse after the pandemics. Whenever I have weed it's like I can't get enough. I will light a joint and 30 minutes lates I feel like puffing again. back in the office days at least I would only be able to smoke after getting back home at night, but working from home it's no man's land... It's clear as day it's substance abuse, I'm glad at least it isn't something stronger like cocaine.

I have been trying to control it by spending a few weeks without any pot at home, but it's crazy, if I have it, it's like I have no control over it whatsoever... for example, if I only have 2g and I know I would very much like to still have some for a BBQ over the weekend (keep in mind there's no store to simply walk in and get some whenever I want), I can't control myself to save it for the weekend, if I have it, I smoke it.

I fantasize about quitting but at the same time I like it so damn much. I really wish I had the will to use it sparingly. Have been smoking (not always so frequently) for nearly 25 years, old habits die hard.
I have a solution for you. Too bad I cannot ship you a box full o weed though. If you have a few kilos laying around, your problem will stop after a day or two of smoking out. Then, you'll only use as needed.

Don't ask me how I know.

:monkey::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Since discovering gummies, it's as if I have devolved if I frame it in that scope. I ignore all, use a lot of visine and go about the tasks at hand, like making this wind offshore,, but you gotta drive about 20 minutes for that.. No problem unless you make it a problem, Bud.