If being lazy and stupid wasn't enough....regular cannabis usage doubles chances of heart attack.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Oh man, where to start? The study is garbage, like most studies that report conclusions other than "we don't know", but if another study done equally poorly concluded some shlt about covid most of you would be like "don't deny science! What are you, a heart doctor?" :foreheadslap:

After smoking the best available, morning to night, every day, for 17 years, and then stopping "cold turkey" for about a month now; I believe that pot, for better or worse, levels me out emotionally and slows down my thought process. It protects me from exposing myself to strong feelings. When I was high, I didn't want to be cold. I didn't want to be tired. I sure as hell didn't want to be sad. It acted as a buffer to make me act and think in such a way as to not reach emotional or physical extremes. Running at a permanent 6 is attractive in some ways, compared to dealing with the full scale of 0-10. It makes you want to be happy and comfortable, and find ways to be those things.
Now I'm a bit of a mess sometimes. I get in a hurry and forget things. Last night, at the end of a stressful 60 hour work week, in pain and upset, I had a full on episode at work when I couldn't spin a pen around my thumb like the expoditer can. Cursing, sweating, breathing hard, went outside in the alley trying over and over and over and failing, punched a brick wall...it was embarrassing and uncomfortable. I'm alright with it though, part of the package of being me.
It took wanting to live a more psychologically varied and rich life, to want to step out into the cold, be tired, be sad, feel everything to WANT to stop smoking weed. I don't want to go back, for a while anyhow. Now I want to be in my 30s and get a little of everything, including goosebumps. I want to deal with being angry, I want to cry sometimes. When I'm older, and looking at things that there is just no getting around, dealing with shlt like what oneula is going through, I may very well want to get super high...because, fvvk, what the fvvk are you supposed to do, just think about that shlt? Nah. For now though, I want to go through stuff and let my brain do what it's going to do about it.
Physically, after so long using the stuff 24/7...I'm fine. My blood pressure is right where it should be. I breathe naturally about 4 or 5 times a minute, and can run until my legs give out, so I just don't think it's all that harmful, physically. I do fear that inhaling burning plant matter is cancer causing, but I base that on nothing and maybe it isn't true. Either way, after almost two decades of burning the world's best stuff all day every day, I can tell you it doesn't fvvk a person up like cigarettes do.

What a long rant, I must have needed to get that out. Hope it helps someone to read, or adds interesting information to your idea of cannabis.
Truly inspiring that you choose to feel everything.

Reactions: stringcheese

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Them pencil pushers should have just visited the erBB for better clarity. 15 y/o when I bought my first 2.2 pounds of rock - dirt weed in Baja. 60 years later, still rolling fattys, gin n' tonics a few times a week, swilling beer like Kento & life continues in paradise.

There was, a hiccup heart related mur-mur at one time but the science of drugs, well ....
has let me push the boundaries, of life.

"come at me, bro!" :dancing:
:cheers:

All that stuff is good. It's the coffee that wrecks your heart and makes you lazy. Look at the parking lot crews. You have the coffee drinkers standing around, not surfing anytime soon, and probably just bailing after the wind conveniently turns 1 kt onshore as they finish their 2nd mug. And then you have the stoners firing up a bowl, suiting up, firing up another bowl, waxing board/checking fins, firing up another bowl, and then paddling out.

I mean, sh!t, look at how long it took sbd to get a coffee maker. I bet he wouldn't take that much time to buy a sack of weed and some papers. :monkey:

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
For me a few tokes before studying accounting did the trick in college! I got all A's in accounting, economics, and other math and business classes, thanks to the weed. It helps me focus on details.

Every few years I grow enough to last me for a few years. This year's harvest of 4 plants grown-from-seed of Grape Ape x Strawnana is almost done. Probably about 6 oz of dried bud. I noticed the dead buds which means those little green caterpillars were eating the buds from the inside out and pooping inside the buds. That means it is time to harvest. This happens every outdoor grow. When I grow under lights inside a shed during the winter (start about Nov. 1st and force flowing at about Feb. 1st, to harvest about mid to late March). I never have pest problems indoors. I think the culprit is the corn moth. They lay their eggs on buds. Anyone have a problem with these tiny green caterpillars? They are very hard to see since they are the same color as the plants.

At the age of 67 and after smoking week for 50 years, I still jog 2.4 miles almost every morning and now I'm waiting for a 4 to 6 foot swell. I am married and never smoked cigarettes and never was a heavy drinker.

Is it difficult to grow mushrooms?

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Is it very difficult to grow mushrooms?
i think so. one of my best friends starting growing lionsmane, chaga, and all those funtioning ones to make his own tinctures and eventually sell. its a serious operation, with alot of $ & time invested - 2 different gorw locations.

He's also doing magic shrooms too, and all his expertise with the functional mushrooms has really paid off. theyre fire - perfect strength.

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
I wanna grow magic shrooms but they don't sell the spores in California. Maybe that changed in the last election cycle?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I always tell my students, if you are stupid, you need to quit smoking weed until you are 40.

Smart kids, puff away!

Then I pitch my reality TV show "Auto Does Heroin" where I do top quality heroin for a month to see if I don't get addicted.

• Haha
Reactions: bluengreen

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I wanna grow magic shrooms but they don't sell the spores in California. Maybe that changed in the last election cycle?
Growing shrooms isn't hard, but it is very sensitive and careful. I ruined mine by keeping an open soap in the same room. Lab conditions that boetch. As far as ordering them goes, just email whatever website is selling them. They have to put "won't ship to California" on there to cover their @ss, but they'll ship. They did for me. I got exotic and, like I say, ruined them. Then I just bought a lb from some kids in isla vista...this was more than a decade ago, though.

Not surprised to hear that anyone's mental experience with weed differs from mine. I don't know if there is a word for people like me, but there is definitely a "people like me". Caffeine makes me relaxed, cocaine makes me want to watch a movie and go to sleep...and the sober experience of being me, as a younger guy, was a full on...task. unfortunately that has become harder to deal with since stopping. Having nonsensical habits, needing to cycle through the TV inputs every time I turn it on because I accidentally did the first time I bought it. Never using the front room bathrooms at work, even when I really really need to, because I realized I hadn't a month into work and couldn't start...taking my pager home from work no matter how many times I remind myself not to because it happened on accident when I got the job so it became what I do. I have to take my belt off while I'm there now to create a new habit and not have to come all the way back at the end of the night to return it! Just saying, being me is a whole...thing. I'm going to be single forever.
Physically though, I think we can all show evidence together that weed is like number 1000 on the list of things to be worried about.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Last edited:

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Thank you. We only get to live this one life (as far as I know/think), and I missed out on my 20s being a drunk, stoned, always at work, fog. I'm over that shlt.

This article says a lot of things that make sense to me.
The reporter apparently didn't investigate what "eudaimonic" means very well. It's not about meaning, at least not primarily or in the stoic sense, it's about well-being, which includes meaning as an important aspect of life but doesn't center on it. You might want to look into stoicism, if you're not familiar with it.

Reactions: bluengreen

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I mean, sh!t, look at how long it took sbd to get a coffee maker. I bet he wouldn't take that much time to buy a sack of weed and some papers. :monkey:
It's funny you say that. I got some weed delivered to my house with better service than amazon. Unfvcking real.

Oh, and my coffee maker is fvcking awesome. I am glad I didn't rush into such a big decision.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
The reporter apparently didn't investigate what "eudaimonic" means very well. It's not about meaning, at least not primarily or in the stoic sense, it's about well-being, which includes meaning as an important aspect of life but doesn't center on it. You might want to look into stoicism, if you're not familiar with it.
Yeah, I had to Google that and spelled it wrong twice :LOL: ...meaning is whatever we decide it is, no? i just had that in my bookmarks because part of it resonated with me. I'm not a spiritual person, in most any sense. I'll look up stoicism, I'm here to learn.