sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
just got off the phone with my mom

identity stolen

:foreheadslap:

so anyways add "parents" to "children"

the old folks are extra vulnerable to this sh!t
good point. my mom's finances are my brother's job - he's a pretty thorough accountant and he keeps a close eye on things. i'd be suprised if he didn't have that covered but i guess i'd better check.

Reactions: Mr Doof

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I use to have a LifeLock subscription and the biggest benefit is the identity scan .... gives you a heads up if any of your passwords have been compromised and gives you an opportunity to be proactive. Despite their claims they can't stop an attempt to steal your identity. Now i use a VPN when doing anything with my financial accounts online and change my passwords on a regular basis.

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Tbh I’ve never been a fan of Norton products.

experian paid (7days free) does quite a bit of information scanning of what’s out there and will purge the people databases with all of our old addresses, too.

I don’t know why everyone shouldn’t have their credit frozen by default. Seems this day and age it’s a major component that could be used to prevent fraud.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I don’t know why everyone shouldn’t have their credit frozen by default. Seems this day and age it’s a major component that could be used to prevent fraud.
it would be a fun thing if everyone in the country locked their credit and sent the big 3 a letter saying "we aren't unlocking until you fix your fucking sh!t, assholes"

:devilish:

maybe even more fun to lock it and throw away the PINs

:roflmao:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
it would be a fun thing if everyone in the country locked their credit and sent the big 3 a letter saying "we aren't unlocking until you fix your fucking sh!t, assholes"

:devilish:

maybe even more fun to lock it and throw away the PINs

:roflmao:
The whole thing is a racket. They implement the FICO system, which determines how you will live or die, economically speaking, in this country. And then they would like you to pay to protect the PII that drives this business model. And the free credit monitoring after the hack is just part of the business model: they give you free credit monitoring for x amount of time and then try to upsell you when it lapses.. But there are so many hacks, I'm pretty well covered with free credit monitoring for the foreseeable future.

Otherwise, don't forget to freeze your credit. That's all I have to say to anyone at any social level.