ibolic

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I use the wood rails on my longboars. The springback is noticeable. To me it's not so much of a delay, like a floppy fin, it's the extra projection you may not be ready for. First wave, on the first boar, first bottom turn, the boar accelerated and left me in the trough, with a "wow" feeling.
Floppy fin is exactly what it felt like on the FW.

We’re all looking for that “wow” feeling in boars, fins, waves and leash strings apparently.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Can you explain what you mean by “comfortable with the V”? I love my XTR Revo because it’s just so neutral and forgiving, like you forget it’s there. Are you having to adjust your approach with the nose to tail Vee vs how you ride your other boards?
I had to adjust my approach when surfing the new Revo with the VQC vs. the XTR Revo with the QISC. In hidesight, I might have been too focused on the Vee and trying to "feel" what the Vee was doing, because now it feels great and way better than my XTR Revo. But at first, yes, I had some trouble getting used the Vee going on rail so quickly. Now it feels amazing though. I can drop down to the bottom of the wave and get way in the flats and as soon as you lean on it, it shoots you up the face. Its a really fun board! I'm liking it in the mushy waves we've been having lately because it has so much volume and pivots so well. It has a nice rocker too. I cant wait to try a 2+1 setup in it.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Floppy fin is exactly what it felt like on the FW.

We’re all looking for that “wow” feeling in boars, fins, waves and leash strings apparently.
I forgot to add, sometime the wood is just soft and floppy, never gonna get "wow" from that.

The good ones are tight like a tennis racket, the bad ones more like nerf pong.

Reactions: teeroi

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Turd construction above and proper construction below:foreheadslap:
LEGACY

– Cork and Bamboo composite build option engineered and manufactured in-house. CFT std base construction shaped from a core with bamboo bottom and cork deck and rails. Dampens chatter and slows flex return in textured conditions and/or high speeds while continuing to offer performance and increased durability.

* LEGACY light/medium/heavy available via custom request.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Turd construction above and proper construction below:foreheadslap:
LEGACY

– Cork and Bamboo composite build option engineered and manufactured in-house. CFT std base construction shaped from a core with bamboo bottom and cork deck and rails. Dampens chatter and slows flex return in textured conditions and/or high speeds while continuing to offer performance and increased durability.

* LEGACY light/medium/heavy available via custom request.
Don't knock it, till you've tried it.
:waving:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Don't knock it, till you've tried it.
:waving:
Never felt need to go legacy very happy with cft but if I was going to spend 1k on some thing else it would be varial or xtr and no way in hell fireturd regardless of board shaper design:toilet:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Be interesting to see more footage. The projection he gets on the second wave in this clip is wild. Not sure if that looks stupid fun or impossible to control.

Reactions: ReForest and JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
None of their reviews, are reviews. It really irks me that they're being described that way. They simply describe boards they sell.
I agree. Never ridden the board and doing a review is kinda meaningless unless you are looking for a physical description of the board, but even then, he does not describe the board properly at all. lol. Definitely not a good review, especially when the board is so different from anything on the market right now.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Be interesting to see more footage. The projection he gets on the second wave in this clip is wild. Not sure if that looks stupid fun or impossible to control.

Timmy said the 5'4 is too big and he had to really lean/push hard on rail to get it to work. I think that projection is him leaning hard on rail, the board sitting high on top of the water, and the flex on the iBolic. (my opinion only of course).

But Timmy now has a 5'3" Revo so it will be interesting to see his new footage and how the board performs in his ideal dimensions and volume. But the board is unreal... I know the guys on here say its just the "next new thing" syndrome but this board really is something special with that Vee bottom. :jamon: :jamon:

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Timmy said the 5'4 is too big and he had to really lean/push hard on rail to get it to work. I think that projection is him leaning hard on rail, the board sitting high on top of the water, and the flex on the iBolic. (my opinion only of course).

But Timmy now has a 5'3" Revo so it will be interesting to see his new footage and how the board performs in his ideal dimensions and volume. But the board is unreal... I know the guys on here say its just the "next new thing" syndrome but this board really is something special with that Vee bottom. :jamon: :jamon:
Are we into Noel Salas territory?? “The 5’3 felt huge and I just couldn’t bury the rail and was boggin’ everywhere. They sent me a 5’2 and it’s a 2022 favorite!” :)

*pls note the poster of this comment is just jealous he’s not good enough to tell the difference between a 5’8 and a 6’0

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Are we into Noel Salas territory?? “The 5’3 felt huge and I just couldn’t bury the rail and was boggin’ everywhere. They sent me a 5’2 and it’s a 2022 favorite!” :)

*pls note the poster of this comment is just jealous he’s not good enough to tell the difference between a 5’8 and a 6’0
I am not one to question a professional surfer, especially one of Timmy's caliber, but i was perplexed he didn't like the 5'4" because we are similar in size and height and I really liked that size. On top of that, when I asked him about the Vee Quad Concave and what he was feeling, he did not share my experiences :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Professional surfers are on another level.

Since the 5'4" is the smallest size available right now, we shall see what Noel has to say -- assuming he does a review of this one. Also assuming "the community" asks him to do one :ROFLMAO: (jk Noel).

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Guarantee that Noel will review. That one should be insightful because Noel rides quads more than most. It seems like Timmy has always ridden tiny boards, even smaller than Dan.

Reactions: Havoc and ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Guarantee that Noel will review. That one should be insightful because Noel rides quads more than most. It seems like Timmy has always ridden tiny boards, even smaller than Dan.
Yes. He is smaller in height and weight than Dan. So its understandable.

Plus Timmy is a former CT surfer who has won 1st place in a QS event (Balito). Tomo is an exceptional surfer, but not to the degree of Timmy. I personally think Timmy's surfing style is a lot like Kelly - perfect technique.

Reactions: Havoc and JDJ

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I am thinking the Revo might work best with 1 liter over your normal volume. I usually ride 25 to 26L and the stock 5'4" is 26.8L.

Reactions: tarpon